Topic Tracking

#1CJayC(Admin)Posted 12/6/2006 3:26:15 PM
We've introduced a new feature on the boards today, the Topic Tracker. Assuming you're logged in, you can mark specific topics to be tracked, just like you add your favorite boards. The link on the forums home page will take you to your list of tracked topics, and from there you can keep an eye on up to 50 different ones at any time.

As always, new features can be buggy, so if you encounter anything terribly wrong, please report it via:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/feedback/new.html?typeid=20

---
Once upon a time everything was lovely, but that was before I had to deal with people.
#2CJayC(Topic Creator)(Admin)Posted 12/6/2006 3:36:30 PM
A few other notes:
* In case you missed it, there's a maximum of 50 tracked topics, just to keep the database working sanely. We'll see how well it performs with this addition, and adjust as needed.
* There is a 60-second cache for tracked topics. Again, this is to preserve database CPU, just so nobody keeps hitting refresh over and over and over and over and over on that page. This number will likely drop down, assuming the load on the database doesn't go up too much.
* The sort order is by last post first. I may add in different sort options, per demand.

---
Once upon a time everything was lovely, but that was before I had to deal with people.