I need to parry...

#1lovelyshotPosted 10/8/2011 4:07:33 PM
I am a scared lil b. Not the rapper ;)
---
"Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late."
#2meat92Posted 10/8/2011 6:29:43 PM
I feel you . I do offensive and defensive parry training for an hour . I did 5 parries on physical hits in online matches . So sad .
---
In my opinion , desire come from fusing love and hate . You love how it make you feel , but hate what it do to you . - demetru92 from xbl
#3JyaganPosted 10/8/2011 6:35:35 PM
Parrying is not hard once you realize that there are very few things a competent player will through out that is good on reaction. It's a guessing mechanism, not a mechanism that rewards quick reactions.
---
The point of philosophy is to start with something so simple as not to seem worth stating,and to end with something so paradoxical that no one will believe it.
#4SnakeEyes170Posted 10/8/2011 7:29:14 PM
it's a lot like those moments in SF4 where you know somebody is going to do their ultra right then so you jump, or you know they're going to do a srk on wakeup so you backdash. It's the same thing but it's much stricter. You don't see them do these things and then avoid them (not so much for ultras in 4), you think they're going to do them and plan in advance.
---
http://blackacrebrewing.com/hey.swf
Gamertag: lesbianXhottie
#5JyaganPosted 10/8/2011 7:41:27 PM
Well, it's not stricter. Because the parry window is pretty big, and a failed parry keeps you in a full cancelable walking animation, you don't really commit you an action when you attempt a parry. So, in a lot of situations, especially during footises, it's best just to throw out parries to cover options.
---
The point of philosophy is to start with something so simple as not to seem worth stating,and to end with something so paradoxical that no one will believe it.
#6Dville_WeezyPosted 10/8/2011 7:56:07 PM
Parries were something that could have made me a lot better when I played the Anniversary edition online- they're much easier to me now for some reason, and they work great for making someone change their playstyle after they realize they can't just throw fireballs and score free chip damage or the occasional missed jump. Bad Akuma players in particular hate it when you parry their air fireballs or red fireballs- expect some hatemail if you're halfway decent at making them do something besides sit on the edge of the screen.
#7DegalonPosted 10/9/2011 12:17:49 AM
Just go play Dead or Alive for a while, and practice countering there.

Then you'll come back and parrying will feel like child's play.

I'm not kididng, despite all the haters who say DOA sucks, knowing how to properly use the counter system in that game will make parrying in 3rd strike feel SUPER easy in comparison.

Parrying is one of the simplest "counter" systems in fighters, so if you think it's hard, just play some other fighters with countering systems (DOA, Soul Calibur, etc, etc), and it'll put things into perspective.

And to boot, 3rd strike even momentarily pauses the game when you parry to give you time to figure out what to do to punish whatever you just parried.
---
GT: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#8PLasTiK LaZeEPosted 10/9/2011 12:47:17 AM
For someone who doesn't know how to parry worth a ****, you have no say in how you think it works.
---
Hi, my name is Phi (pronounced as "fee"). Just call me Phi.
http://i43.tinypic.com/dfvpdh.gif
#9mrgreen55Posted 10/9/2011 6:27:56 AM

Just go play Dead or Alive for a while, and practice countering there.

Then you'll come back and parrying will feel like child's play.

I'm not kididng, despite all the haters who say DOA sucks, knowing how to properly use the counter system in that game will make parrying in 3rd strike feel SUPER easy in comparison.

Parrying is one of the simplest "counter" systems in fighters, so if you think it's hard, just play some other fighters with countering systems (DOA, Soul Calibur, etc, etc), and it'll put things into perspective.

And to boot, 3rd strike even momentarily pauses the game when you parry to give you time to figure out what to do to punish whatever you just parried.

Countering in DOA is so much easier than parrying I'm genuinely disgusted that you thought otherwise.
---
Salute to the mother****in President.
#10JyaganPosted 10/9/2011 6:40:14 AM
Why do people on this board continually allow Delegon to draw them into these debates? Anyone who praises Dead or Alive's counter system or says that it is the least bit difficult is a clear and obvious troll. Why spend your time trying to debate him?

I don't like the parry system, but anyone who says Third Strike's parry system is worse than DoA's countering system is just trying to get under people's skin.
---