Tales of The World: Radiant Mythology 3 - English Patch

#21Judqement8(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2011 11:01:45 PM(edited)
The arte descriptions are messed up on purpose. It was the only way to get full length arte names. For the save file thing, it all depends which characters you have in your party since the save file was actually meant to hold hold only six letters long character names. Sometimes the save file won't even have the character names at all.

But it only messes up the text you see in the save file, it will NOT affect your save data anyway.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Juddgment
Sheena Fujibayashi >_> Dun Dun Duuuuhn... Dood.
#22GrayFox2510Posted 10/9/2011 11:09:37 PM
I've never hacked PSP files (I've only worked on NDS translations, not sure how different they would be), but did the file where the Arte names (and descriptions, I imagine) have little to no empty space to use to properly get the names without messing the descriptions?

Again, don't really know how pointers behave on PSP files, if they are any different at all from NDS.
---
Contributor Name: Gray Fox
#23Judqement8(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2011 11:51:33 PM
It should be possible with changing the pointers, but I lack the skills to do it (one guy a tutorial once for me, but I'm too lazy to learn it ATM). The other guy can change those, but only manually so changing all of those would take a LOT of time.

If this ever change, we'll make another version.
---
#241337_FF_GoDPosted 10/10/2011 5:46:15 AM(edited)
*Gets on the Readme for absolutely no reason*
Okay, I'll test this out right away and figure out if something's wrong.

Judqement8 posted...
The arte descriptions are messed up on purpose. It was the only way to get full length arte names. For the save file thing, it all depends which characters you have in your party since the save file was actually meant to hold hold only six letters long character names. Sometimes the save file won't even have the character names at all.

But it only messes up the text you see in the save file, it will NOT affect your save data anyway.

Try and figure out address redirection so you can use unused areas of the game's data to store the information instead. I don't know much about it but I've read about it <_<.
---
E5700 @ 3.5 / HD4670 1GB / 4 GB DDR3-1066 / Acer H203H 1600x900
"More like homosexuality is going IN the end of humankind" - grumble_roar
#25Judqement8(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2011 6:43:32 AM

Try and figure out address redirection so you can use unused areas of the game's data to store the information instead. I don't know much about it but I've read about it <_<.

Yes I do know the "basics" of it, but I'd "like" to learn how to use the efficiently. Like just writing the whole artes + descriptions and then somehow fix all of their pointers at the same time. Manually changing every arte and their description pointers will take... Well, a while and I have no interest to do so >__>

Oh and that's not really the case with the save files. The save files are messed up cuz they are not meant to hold longer than 6 letters character names like I mentioned. I'm not sure if you can just use the pointers to change that.

But I don't know, so I can't say that for sure >_>
---
#26Judqement8(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2011 8:44:06 AM
Easier patcher released, made by kenma9123, included in the video description (haven't tested, but should also work with an already patched game):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbaJ3p5Tm48

Also I still want to remind people to BUY the game. That's the least you can do to support the series. We are giving this "small patch" for free and all I ask in return is that you actually get a real copy of the game. ; )
---
#27Just JoePosted 10/10/2011 11:59:18 AM
Well, you two have prompted at least one purchase, I can say that much. I finally broke down and just ordered a copy a few days back. (A shame, I usually get my imports for a pretty good discount, but my source* is out of business. =(..)

Still haven't really looked into all that much, not that I don't know what to expect. Out of curiosity, though, assuming the quests/missions/whatever they were actually called, are still the same, are they being touched at all?

*Before some zealot comes sweeping through, I'm referring to a local store in a town with a population of about 7000 people, as such, the name of the store matters little.

---
~R.I.P. Reggie White #92~ NYY:
Mister, mister, have you seen my mad skills?? *proceeds to beat box furiously*- Dodavion 2000-2001.
#28kenma9123Posted 10/10/2011 12:29:19 PM
Sooooo how is that patch changed your life? lol

anyways.. good to know that someone still enjoys our patch

oh yeah.. just passing by!.
---
visit my website: http://cool-world.co.cc
#29lilfairyPosted 10/10/2011 6:12:14 PM(edited)
I can't patch my game using Kenma's (I'm assuming I have to click this RM3 pic to begin patching?) -- a pop up message tells me that I need a .NET framework v.4-something. >.> help please?

Or can I just drag that "patch.bin" to my iso... lol.

Edit: I finally got the patch tool working by downloading .Net framework v4... and I made sure that I selected the right options (for me it was .ELF), but I got an error. :\
#30RadiantLPosted 10/10/2011 8:43:40 PM
kenma9123 posted...
Sooooo how is that patch changed your life? lol

anyways.. good to know that someone still enjoys our patch

oh yeah.. just passing by!.

yeah it's change my life alright
Long story short, the patch lead to my psp battery destruction. i just want to use this patch so bad o would do anything> tried to make pandora battery> FAILED.
Not only that after I upgrade the CFW, I can finally use the patch to play and it work sweet English, but guess what, now I can't load my savedata, I tried using the MagicSave method but no luck. so I guess I have to play new game, and start all over again.
If anyone know how to fix the corrupt savedata plz tell me. I benn tried magicsave and freecheat, but didn't work. don't know if I did anything wrong.