Most annoying boss so far... *Boss spoilers*

#1mumpsy21Posted 4/12/2012 8:35:00 AM
Kurt. He's not THAT hard(with all divider anyway...), but seriously, it's like he's on guard ALL the time. How can you beat someone who stunlocks you and can't be stunned 95% of the time? I don't even care if I'm asking for help online anymore, this guy is just taking too long and I'm almost out of life bottles. So how did you manage? Oh yeah, even though I already took it down to moderate, I still can't beat him, it's been about 30 minutes and he still has 30k(with all divider anyway, but without that I almost always die). It doesn't help that he has infinite allies that deal decent amounts of damage.
---
KH-FF-TM-DMC-MMX-TO-RAC
"I hate people who hate my favorite game, and people who like the game I hate" - Immature Gamer
#2SupremeZeroPosted 4/12/2012 8:37:04 AM(edited)
Congratulations, you have successfully made the five thousandth topic whining about Kurt. Here's your complimentary Kurt Plushie. Comes with a "Rape you like a ***** til you like it" function that all true tales fans need.
---
There's always hope for better things in life. But you can't let anything, friend, lover, God himself, be your hope. You have to be your own hope.
#3Griever4Posted 4/12/2012 8:38:33 AM
Congratulations, you have successfully made the five thousandth topic whining about Kurt. Here's your complimentary Kurt Plushie. Comes with a "Rape you like a ***** til you like it" function that all true tales fans need.

lol what a douche
---
Playing: Diablo 3 BETA, Uncharted 3, Twisted Metal, Tales of Graces F and Silent Hill Downpour.
Waiting for New Counter-Strike and Diablo 3
#4nitttPosted 4/12/2012 8:40:29 AM
Curious, what level are you

As well, Kurt I think to me was the hardest plot boss I had to face in the Main Arc. His Iron Stance guard takes a while to whilt down.

I'd deal with the minions first then go for Kurt. Have Sophie and Cheria in the party for healing. Have Asbel for bait and physical strikes and the last character should be either Hubert for extra healing and powerful combos or Malik for Sorcerer support. Pascal is too open for her close up spells and due to iron stance, makes her vulnerable.

Lastly have to hit weak spots. It is the quickest and best way to start a combo off.

Other than that, hard as heck, but the game gets easier from there for the later plot bosses.

Best!
---
Recently Finished Game: Tales of Graces f (PS3)
Curren Game: Tales of Graces f - Lineage and Legacy (PS3)
#5mumpsy21(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2012 8:48:42 AM
Oh thank God! I just finished him, somehow my attacks all piled up and just 5 seconds ago I killed him, plus it took probably 10 mystic artes...

He was a tough boss, I wish I could've fought him after I was able to fix up my equips and titles, usually I wait for "that moment" in the game where you can go everywhere and do quests before I really grind my characters up. I'm level 40 by the way.
---
KH-FF-TM-DMC-MMX-TO-RAC
"I hate people who hate my favorite game, and people who like the game I hate" - Immature Gamer
#6nitttPosted 4/12/2012 8:52:57 AM
mumpsy21 posted...
Oh thank God! I just finished him, somehow my attacks all piled up and just 5 seconds ago I killed him, plus it took probably 10 mystic artes...

He was a tough boss, I wish I could've fought him after I was able to fix up my equips and titles, usually I wait for "that moment" in the game where you can go everywhere and do quests before I really grind my characters up. I'm level 40 by the way.

You still have a bit to go until you can go "anywhere" in the world. Lv. 40 seems to be the average everyone was when they were there. I think I was lv. 50 by that time but it was due to grinding with Dark Bottles. It should be easier for you trust me from here hence forth.....until the end.

Have fun!
---
Recently Finished Game: Tales of Graces f (PS3)
Curren Game: Tales of Graces f - Lineage and Legacy (PS3)
#7mumpsy21(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2012 9:01:29 AM
nittt posted...
mumpsy21 posted...

You still have a bit to go until you can go "anywhere" in the world. Lv. 40 seems to be the average everyone was when they were there. I think I was lv. 50 by that time but it was due to grinding with Dark Bottles. It should be easier for you trust me from here hence forth.....until the end.

Have fun!

*Spoilers*

I just screamed "KICK HIS ASS SOPHIE!" at the television, just wanted to share. I wish I could find out who the hell the demon guy is, I'm guessing it's the same thing from the childhood arc, please don't post it though. Seriously, I haven't had this much fun since KH and FFX!

*END spoilers*
---
KH-FF-TM-DMC-MMX-TO-RAC
#8kasheem009Posted 4/12/2012 10:35:30 AM
Not gonna lie, I had more trouble with that damn queen slime than Kurt. @_@
---
You're out of your vector
#9DarcKagePosted 4/12/2012 10:42:14 AM
kasheem009 posted...
Not gonna lie, I had more trouble with that damn queen slime than Kurt. @_@

At least the queen slime is really slow, so you can just go around killing the small slimes while kiting her around and then focus on her when everything's dead.

Here, you have to try killing the adds while that crazy Kurt is coming at you with his non-stop attacks and almost never flinches.
---
Sazh - Positive influence and best FF character ever. Dont agree? Have some chicken.
#10CeruleanGamerPosted 4/12/2012 11:02:02 AM
I thought the Little Queens were harder than Kurt.
---
"Evolution put a bigger brain in our pants than in our heads, so we can't help it..." Official Emperor Mateus of the DDFF Boards.