Will PS3s be cheaper by the time this comes out?

#1NobleRoarPosted 7/21/2011 10:11:06 AM
Because I was planning on saving up for this and a PS3, but I don't even know how much PS3s cost right now, or how much they will cost. Anyone wanna predict?
---
I sold my sig spot to the Devil but now he gives me cake every weekend :D
#2SieKensouPosted 7/21/2011 10:35:56 AM
299.99 atm... might as well get one now, doubt they'll get any cheaper unless you go for bundles but that still likely doesn't save you THAT much...
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#3Level_99_HeroPosted 7/21/2011 10:40:41 AM
Go to a pawn shop if you have to you can talk price most of the time i bought a ps3 60 gig backwards compatibility with 2 controllers and hdmi cables for 180 for my son a year ago and she still work great.
#4hotgamerPosted 7/21/2011 12:52:05 PM(edited)
It seems there is a rumor about a price will drop announcement at GamesCon. Not just Europe but everywhere. They're aiming for 199 euros and 249.99 USD.

Not sure if that's true, but this come from many retailers it seems. The only way to know is to wait then, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened, considering the PS3 is long overdue for a price cut.
---
Trying to contain the chaos is futile.
#5NobleRoar(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2011 1:57:54 PM
All right guys, thanks. I suppose the savings begin now. And by that I'll get a job.
---
#6NobleRoar(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2011 4:03:59 PM
Also, is this pretty much confirmed for localization? I know it might get cancelled but has this been confirmed or is it just a rumor?
---
#7SummonerPascalPosted 7/21/2011 4:06:39 PM

If you're talking about ToGf, it has indeed been officially announced for an English release, but we haven't gotten any trailers/screenshots of the ENG version so far. We did get a "trailer" of TotA for the 3DS so far.

#8Grunt_LaborPosted 7/21/2011 5:31:35 PM
CECH-3000B ships to US/EURO later this year around October or so and its also getting a bundle with Xillia in Japan in September. If you are really picky it, offers less heat consumption and is lighter in weight. No word on a price drop even though they are getting dirt cheap to produce though, and I wouldn't suggest buying your consoles from Japan since they are region free and cost 400+ USD in Japan.
---
Any moron can make something bigger and more complex but it takes true genius to simplify something and make it more fun in the video game world.
#9SkyDragon55Posted 7/22/2011 2:23:36 PM
Actually I gotta say I live in RI and the gamestops here have it pretty cheap imo. I mean idk about you, but I probably wouldn't buy an used one. However if you dont mind it, and idk if this is anywhere else in the country, the cheapest one I've seen is $230 it has 40gigs and the specs seem pretty good. Just an idea.
---
"But a sword is just a sword...you must have the skill to wield it effectively."