Rise and Exceed Shards?

#1JudeasPosted 3/25/2012 9:33:19 PM
Where abouts have you guys been finding them?
I've gotten barely any. :(
---
And then God created Saturn...and he liked it, so he put a ring on it.
#2magnum7979Posted 3/25/2012 10:04:19 PM
It depends on the location.

For Exceed Shard,

World Map

Dessert Rock Strata
Fendel Mountain Tunnel

Dungeon

Lhant Hill
Underground Ruins of Wallbridge
Fendel Iceberg Ruins
Cornell Research Facility
Bashishu Military Base

For Rise Shard,

World Map

North Lhant Road
South Baronia Road
Dessert Rock Strata North

Dungeon

Baronia Castle

These are just some example.
---
Malicious.
#3bughopperPosted 3/25/2012 10:10:24 PM
does difficulty affect the level of the shards gained or just raises the probability of getting a shard?
---
Zettttta slow
#4magnum7979Posted 3/25/2012 10:17:29 PM
Raise the probability of getting a Fragment.

As for the Grade of the Fragments, it's affected by the enemy LVL, so yes, Difficulty does affect the quality, not Nature, that you receive.
---
Malicious.
#5Judeas(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2012 10:26:27 PM(edited)
Does your level affect the drop rate?

And thanks for the list Magnum. :)
---
#6magnum7979Posted 3/25/2012 10:28:43 PM
The Difference between the enemy and your party average LVL will also affect the Drop Rate.
---
Malicious.
#7Judeas(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2012 10:30:15 PM
So if I went back to Lhant Hill to try and get some Exceed shards they would take ages to drop?
---
#8magnum7979Posted 3/25/2012 10:44:03 PM
Yes it would, since it will reduce the chance of getting any fragments to 10%.

Farming fragments should generally be done during the Bonus Dungeon, as those contain high LVL enemy, making it easier for stuff like those to drop.
---
Malicious.
#9Judeas(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2012 2:17:29 PM
Arrg! I can't seem to get a single Rise shard!!!
---
#10dawnbombPosted 3/27/2012 3:43:51 PM

took me awhile to get one for my second rise/exceed gem

make a rise/exceed gem then send it to the gem polish shop in yu liberta ( she ups the level of all effects on a gem for a small price, it does take time (just wander around) but you can give her a present while she is polishing it to cut the % of time down

rise and exceed get a extra +1 at level 4 then again at 9, get then to 4 and then give her something else as you play the game untill later, or have her make another 4/4 (or higher) rise/exceed gem

a REALLY good gem to make is a rescue/evasion, when you get to where you are the last person alive in battle, equipt it and when you get low on hp

(this does actually happen as enemies do COMBOS to kill you, its not a OHKO, if it is asbel has titles to half damage above a certin point, you get them for knowing lots of skills, there called paradons, with the worst being atleast 1500 and best being 1000 damage inorder to half it)

anyway, when your low on HP it will heal about 30% of your HP if rescue activates.  i think you can get it to like 40-50% chance to "revive heal" you but you can also just put a shard into a weapon your not going to use, then swap to it for even higher chance

(note that you can combine rescue with a vitality gem to have a higher "low HP" number)

(also note that having rescue in weapons and armor altho can easily get you above 100% and have you "unkillable" it doesn't work like that, that %'s work seperatly so if they max at best best you would have is a 50%-50%-50% not 150%  (IE you would have to save the rescue check 3 times, but basically you actually can still not be rescued, nomatter how high it is, altho you would be very un-killable)