Kallen DLC in Eng, is this a hack or...

#21Hikari62Posted 4/19/2012 11:14:42 PM(edited)
darkflame119 posted...
isn't it possible that that this video was edited really well?
it's kinda smudgy on the spots where the jap border design is suppose to be along the stream of light and on one of her twin tails.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14/togfengtrilliondriveyou.jpg/

its around the :06 sec mark on that video

Yeah I think you're right. It would also explain why we don't see any of the battle before or after the mystic arte. I just examined the video for like 20 min trying to find mistakes. It's quite good since most of the blurriness could be attributed simply to video quality. This picture is the only mistake (not counting blurriness) that I could find other than the pigtail.

http://i42.tinypic.com/27wsr5.jpg

The left arrow points out a floating half number that shouldn't be there and on the right there's a weird after effect of the arte name box that also shouldn't be there (it wasn't erased properly as the Japanese arte name box is longer than the English).

So I guess we really don't know if the costumes are even on the disc. This youtuber sure went to a lot of trouble for no reason though. I guess it confused some people, but it's so easy to disprove that the DLC is available by just checking the PSN. So everyone just thought he was a hacker.
#22laskalPosted 4/19/2012 10:44:37 PM

Asuract posted...

No. That's just silly, and impossible as DLC is region locked.

360 is region locked... Yet Jtaging or glitchhacking the console allows you to play any game as if it was region free.. Region lock is nothing but a line or two in a separate file. As long as you can somehow hack said file, change it, it will work. problem is doing so.
---
Official Lightning's shorts of this board.
Official Selphie's panties of every board!!!
#23Asuract(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2012 11:37:10 PM
I'm pretty good with computers and code, but I've never tried getting a file from my ps3, and I don't know if the DLC even has a file, if it did though I could buy the Jap DLC, then move the file to my computer and find a way to unlock or change the pathing so that my PS3 reads it as an ENG DLC

So when graces loads up it would include that DLC, now the problem would be that the main game has no slot for the new titles, and I am unsure if it would automatically add a slot for it if I got this to work.

Worst case scenario would be that I would have to edit the entirety of the Jap DLC and change most of the code to that of an existing Eng DLC title with a battle theme. It would just be a simple thing as to changing every word to fit it's eng counterpart, but while the data is read as the eng DLC, it's contents would be the Jap DLC.

I will actually see about getting this to work after I finish up farming and completing everything else for my first play through. I'm 210 hours in, and I might start a second F arc for the rest of Richards titles for my second play though for max lvl gains. It will be at least a week before I get into it though, but if anyone wants to take a stab at this till then, feel free. If it works out I'll be sure to share the modified code, but you will have to buy the DLC =P
---
Internet is hard.
#24Hikari62Posted 4/21/2012 2:24:11 PM(edited)
Heh, so I posted a comment on the youtube video saying it was fake with links to the pictures proving it and the user removed the comment about an hour later. Then he sent me a message saying that I was "the first person to notice the intentional hints" that he left (well I was at least the first person to comment about it on youtube, obviously I wasn't the first to notice). But I guess he still really wants people to think it's a hack for some reason.

This proves it is fake.

Also, my picture link in my last post is no longer working for some reason. Here it is again.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t184/Hikari62/other/trilliondrive.jpg
#25generalhsPosted 4/21/2012 4:35:37 PM
We know the costume data isn't on the disc (for any of the DLC outfits) due to the filesize of the downloads.

If you want to see on-disc DLC look at Capcom where the files are only ~120kb each or Disgaea 4 (technically, in patch DLC which I've always found weird) where they are about the same.
#26oathkeeper9918Posted 4/21/2012 4:46:06 PM
MabinogiFan posted...
How long before all the voice data and such is extracted from the disc and posted online? I believe that's happened with other Tales games.

I think I could do that, it uses the same audio format as Vesperia. Only problem is that it takes forever since I don't think the program I use supports batch converting.

But it shouldn't be too bad though, the files are arranged pretty easily.
---
Won't change until FPS's are no longer popular
9/12/10
#27darkphantom3Posted 4/21/2012 5:12:21 PM
Hikari62 posted...
Heh, so I posted a comment on the youtube video saying it was fake with links to the pictures proving it and the user removed the comment about an hour later. Then he sent me a message saying that I was "the first person to notice the intentional hints" that he left (well I was at least the first person to comment about it on youtube, obviously I wasn't the first to notice). But I guess he still really wants people to think it's a hack for some reason.

This proves it is fake.

Also, my picture link in my last post is no longer working for some reason. Here it is again.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t184/Hikari62/other/trilliondrive.jpg

Yeah I right now posted it was fake let see if he deletes my Comment seening how he delete others as well.
#28abyss808Posted 4/23/2012 4:33:18 PM
Perhaps you could share this hack with us...?
---
Kalas
#29Hikari62Posted 4/23/2012 6:45:46 PM
abyss808 posted...
Perhaps you could share this hack with us...?

Look at the posts above you, we proved it is fake. It's not a hack. It's just a clever video edit using Japanese footage + English arte name box + English voice track.
#30Goul111Posted 4/23/2012 7:10:58 PM
Wait are people saying that all DLC costumes are on disc or just the code geass costumes?
---
https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/ http://americancensorship.org/
Let's keep our internet uncensored. Sign these petitions and fight the SOPA and PIPA.