The status ailments in Graces are 100x worse than every other Tales game...

#1Arceus1234Posted 4/28/2012 10:19:31 PM(edited)
And judging by the Future Arc final dungeon, I think Namco knew this :/
---
"Un-Believable!"
-Cheria Barnes - Tales of Graces: f
#2TAoRPosted 4/28/2012 10:20:50 PM
Dem floors man
---
Oh, oh, oh ice-cold milk and an oreo cookie...
#3peter_888Posted 4/28/2012 10:22:01 PM
I think that it balances it out since status aliments gets recovered automatically after each battle. though the crystal aliment was still really annoying.
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#4BlaeuPosted 4/28/2012 10:30:40 PM
Well, it's also extremely easy to just equip a jewel for the ailment that's bothering you. Or make a gem with that as one of the factors, or level up titles to get resists for that ailment, or avoid the attack all together therefore negating the change to even inflict the ailment.

I don't think I used an item to cure an ailment once...
---
"We do not stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing." -- George Bernard Shaw
#5Hikaru_IrvingPosted 4/28/2012 11:00:13 PM
Play as Sophie. As long as it's not something like Petrify or Freeze (that keeps you from moving), just pop Atraxia.
---
The Timelord won this duel. I am pleased.~KMA
#6Hikari62Posted 4/28/2012 11:52:32 PM
No. Petrify in Xillia is 100x worse than anything in this game. Made worse by the fact that status effects automatically affect the character you are linked to as well.

True story:
*kicking enemies' butts in a random battle in Xillia, party has full health*
"oh no Jude and I (Leia) are petrified. oh well healer should take care of it in a sec"
*less than 5 sec later healer (elise) gets hit with petrify affecting the character she's linked to as well*
GAME OVER
o_O "whaaaaaaaaa?! WTF just happened? Craaap" D:

/rant