Observation about NA Sales...

#1KoshKing777Posted 5/1/2012 11:13:43 AM
Greetings everyone, and I'm sorry to make yet another topic on the sales of the NA release of Graces F, but I just thought I'd mention that for an entire MONTH, this game has stayed on the Top 10 list here, despite having a speculatively niche, hardcore audience. It's always a pleasure to see it on the home page in this day and age where traditional JRPGs often get completely ignored (may their souls rest in piece).

I've also looked online and seen reports that Namco has said they've been satisfied with the sales of the game, and that 100K copies of the game were preordered...is anyone else hopeful for our chances of seeing more Tales games get released here? It seems to be performing better than I'd initially expected, what with it being completely ignored by review sites and NEVER advertised.

I'd love to see Tales of Innocence R and Tales of Xillia brought over soon! :) With the latter being a director's cut version of some kind, naturally.

Thoughts?
---
Pokemon Diamond code: 4381-8827-3897
#2StrikeNinja24Posted 5/1/2012 11:18:55 AM
KoshKing777 posted...
Greetings everyone, and I'm sorry to make yet another topic on the sales of the NA release of Graces F, but I just thought I'd mention that for an entire MONTH, this game has stayed on the Top 10 list here, despite having a speculatively niche, hardcore audience. It's always a pleasure to see it on the home page in this day and age where traditional JRPGs often get completely ignored (may their souls rest in piece).

I've also looked online and seen reports that Namco has said they've been satisfied with the sales of the game, and that 100K copies of the game were preordered...is anyone else hopeful for our chances of seeing more Tales games get released here? It seems to be performing better than I'd initially expected, what with it being completely ignored by review sites and NEVER advertised.

I'd love to see Tales of Innocence R and Tales of Xillia brought over soon! :) With the latter being a director's cut version of some kind, naturally.

Thoughts?

This is gamefaqs, a very, very small sample of the gaming audience.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#3nouseravailablePosted 5/1/2012 11:20:06 AM(edited)
KoshKing777 posted...
is anyone else hopeful for our chances of seeing more Tales games get released here?

Yeah.

StrikeNinja24 posted...
This is gamefaqs, a very, very small sample of the gaming audience.

and yep...
---
Blind Guardian (along with ac/dc) is the best band for shows i ever saw.
#4SkaldskaparmalPosted 5/1/2012 11:28:35 AM
It's been up on there because there has been almost no games coming out. That doesn't mean it sold well.
#5ULokiPosted 5/1/2012 11:31:27 AM
Could you post the link where Namco says they were satisfied?
#6KoshKing777(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 11:36:08 AM
Well, it may be just a sliver of the gaming population, but today's poll had 32K responses, and that's on the small side...so that's not a terribly small number of gamers, either. (Obviously only a fraction of those access this game's page, though, of course) It is still further recognition for it, however.

I concede that point, however. We in no way represent the vast majority of gamers, especially on the casual side. I just wish we had a site that accurately reported NA game sale figures...and I do hope that we hear something soon about Namco's response to how the game did here.
---
#7WRRYYYYersPosted 5/1/2012 11:37:19 AM

Thoughts?

Gamestop advertised the **** out of this game.
---
Official Self-proclaimed [King of Tager]
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm289/_ORIONSTAR/Tagah.png
#8KoshKing777(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 11:41:14 AM
It was only on a couple of sites that seem to be extremely unofficial. XD Just rumors. It just got me pining for something concrete...here's this one, though, concerning preorder numbers:

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2012/03/togf-strong-preorder-numbers/

Also, as for GameStop advertising it, I'm not saying you're wrong, but I never saw anything about this game in their ads...I don't look at them too religiously however. But I didn't see anything promoting it on prominent gaming sites, really...
---
#9WRRYYYYersPosted 5/1/2012 11:46:29 AM

It was only on a couple of sites that seem to be extremely unofficial. XD Just rumors. It just got me pining for something concrete...here's this one, though, concerning preorder numbers:

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2012/03/togf-strong-preorder-numbers/

Also, as for GameStop advertising it, I'm not saying you're wrong, but I never saw anything about this game in their ads...I don't look at them too religiously however. But I didn't see anything promoting it on prominent gaming sites, really...

Well I work there so I may be a bit exposed to it but it played on the Gamestop TV nonstop and was in our weekly ad for a while.
---
Official Self-proclaimed [King of Tager]
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm289/_ORIONSTAR/Tagah.png
#10Rubius02Posted 5/1/2012 11:47:59 AM
So in other words nobody has any real evidence. That's the internetz these days I guess.
---
Baby Boomers, Hippies, MTV, political blogs, and fanboys are the source of all of the worlds ills.