how to play each character?

#1robotzombiePosted 5/3/2012 7:37:05 AM
Can anyone provide a small breakdown on how to play each character? General strategies, what A and B artes to focus on and such?

Also as a separate request, anyone have any good AI setups for each character that they could share?
---
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." ~ Mark Twain
#2KadeAuronPosted 5/3/2012 7:47:40 AM
cheria... insight hold left or right adnbd tap x.... repeat... win.
---
"You die and you think everything just gonna be all suger and rainbows?!"
#3setasoujisenpaiPosted 5/3/2012 8:59:15 AM
Pascal you can either go full A-arte abuse, full B-arte abuse(with 45% iron stance and 15% from equip), or Hybrid in which case you chain A-artes to B-artes like BloodFlamme or Celestial Eight(Ones that don't require her to be touching the enemy).
Her A-artes are all really good but best combo potential will be any combination that includes Sudden Impact as that will allow you to push the enemy closer to you and then restart her A-artes that push them away.

Cheria is pretty much mainly A-artes. Her B-artes are nice, but I usually only put Nurse/Indignation,Ress, Remedy, Insight. and just insta cast Ress,Nurse, or Indignation with her Accel mode. Her neutral A-artes are good for hitting airborne enemies as you can still finish it with glacial rain to give a nice stagger. Using insight before hand will ensure a greater chance of staggering enemies.

Malik is one of the hardest characters to use in the game, but for right reason. His B-artes are devastating and can eventually be able to get their casting time cut greatly. Anytime I use Malik I have my shortcuts set up as more of his spells giving me access to 8 B-artes in battle. His A-artes are all about controlling where the enemy stands.
His left/right A-artes create a "wall" like effect for the enemies in that direction allowing you to pull of something like frigid coffin at the end of the combo quickly and safely. His up/down A-artes are imo more for single targets such as a boss. It pushes them away and you can end it with left/right/neutral to follow up with a strong B-artes to hit a major weakness. Although Malik has high HP his overall def isn't that high unless you really put a lot of effort into pumping it. You can also use his full up/down A-arte combo to reposition yourself safely whilst still doing damage to an enemy.

Asbel for me is just a major stun-lock character. His best stun A-arte is bestial roar which comes from his up/down A-arte combo. It's only the third part of the combo allowing less CC to be used and less intervals of time where you're not hitting. Although his C.Atk is very high I only use a few B-artes with him that put his sword back in it's sheathe to allow for better combo utility.

Hubert is the best at A-arte damage as his P.atk is much higher naturally than everyone else's. Eventually he does learn skills that provide him faster "weapon changing" from gun to swords etc. This allows him to have much better combo potential then without, but just his neutral A-arte combo can easily rack up 25 hits and then pop an accel mode to replenish CC and do the combo again getting up to 60+ hits. Scarlet salva and flare shot imo are two of his best B-artes though since they can rack up combo hits pretty easily.

Richard is very easy to use(when you get him or cos-play a s him). His left/right A-artes allow him to hit a few enemies at once and reposition himself to cancel into a B-arte. Usually I use Vengent Fangs at the end of that combo unless I have accel mode ready in which case I use starlight(not sure on name) and insta cast it by popping accel. His up/down A-artes are great for racking up combo hits though as I usually can get up to 50 hits and use his lvl2 MA to hit about 76 hits and then chain in his lvl3 MA for some very high damage.
I don't use Sophie so I can't help with her at all lol.
#4robotzombie(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 9:06:14 AM
Thanks, that's some really helpful stuff! And to ask a really dumb question: what is accel mode? Is it bad that Im going to the worlds eye and I don't know what that is?
---
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." ~ Mark Twain
#5ragnaroker2Posted 5/3/2012 9:27:36 AM
Naw, you don't get accel until the bonus arc after beating the game.
---
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
#6Azure_lKitePosted 5/3/2012 9:33:22 AM
robotzombie posted...
Thanks, that's some really helpful stuff! And to ask a really dumb question: what is accel mode? Is it bad that Im going to the worlds eye and I don't know what that is?

It's a special power up mode, unique to each character. It's only available on F-Arc (and on the main arc after you beat it).

As for tips, I can give some for Asbel, as he's the only character I can play at a fairly decent level. I'm assuming you aren't too far in the game.
- When you start the game, his arsenal of A and B Artes is VERY limited, and you won't be able to combo at all until you unlock new Artes.
- As a character who has two stances, there is a large gap when you sheath your weapon. At the beginning of the game, make sure to get the hell away from enemies when you want to sheath, or at least, take some space, because if you sheath when you're close he'll do a frontal twisting flip to hit the enemy while sheathing, which will leave yourself wide open.
- When you draw, you automatically get a super-armor effect (Iron Stance) for a brief period of time.
- When you sheath, you recover some HP based on how many hits you landed while on B-Arte mode.
- Infernal Torrent. Spam that crap when facing multitudes of enemies, it has a ridiculously large AOE and deals high damage. When you upgrade it, you'll be able to hold circle to unleash Void Sword (4CC A Arte, insane horizontal radius) right after it, meaning you'll automatically sheath your blade. This applies not only to IT, but for other B Artes as well.
---
The truth: http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg528/Elemiel/LOL.png
BBCS:EX Main: Ragna/Trinity
#7setasoujisenpaiPosted 5/3/2012 9:36:21 AM
robotzombie posted...

Nope you're totally in the clear. You don't get accel mode unlocked until the F arc later on as the other person mentioned.