In your opinion what Tales healer had the best/Worst AI in the whole Series?

#1Arceus1234Posted 5/18/2012 10:01:41 PM(edited)
This includes Modified AI settings; what Tales healer do you think did their Job (Healing) the best? (Just so people can't pull BS and say Cheria is the best healer because her A-Artes are good)

Item spammers don't count as healers either, (Repede & Leia)

Best: I'd have to give my vote to Raine (T-Type only) or Elise, if Raine is set to "Support" she'll Heal when necessary, buff when it isn't necessary and even throw in a Ray, or Photon too. Even before I edited her AI to "Support" I never had her run up to an enemy once. Being able to have Immunity to all 8 elements is a nice bonus too.

As for Elise; while her AI isn't great (I sometimes see her occasionally run up to an Enemy and give it a whack), but the reason I find her so great is because her casting speed is lightning fast when Tipo is set to ON (The Skill that makes "Tipo ON" permanent only adds to the awesomeness. (I don't have her equipped with a Mystic Symbol either) and I still find her cast time ridiculously fast (This, plus a Spirit Symbol essentially make her TP infinite.)

I'm not sure which one I think is better yet.

Edit: I did a couple battles in both Symphonia and Xillia and I think Raine is a bit better than Elise because of Being more support oriented (Elise has lots of attack spells, but no buff spells)

Worst: Either Cheria, because of her slow ass cast times, no super armor while casting, and her horrible "Healing gets priority over reviving" mentality. Or Marta; purely because the game she's in, has the absolute worst Strategy system in any Tales game ever and she's a single-target healer over a Multi-Target healer.

I'd have to say Cheria's probably a little worse overall though.
---
The official Milla Maxwell of all boards.
#2JakomaynePosted 5/18/2012 9:54:09 PM(edited)
Estelle for worst.
Raine for best, though that's probly because she's the only healer I ever had her heals on my own shortcuts for.
---
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5127/leaderaz.jpg
#3LightOfJudgmentPosted 5/18/2012 9:57:53 PM
Best: Raine and PS3 Estelle (yes, her AI was improved from what I can tell; at least she uses buffs instead of being dead weight when disallowed to use attack spells. Having constant Revives and buffs that, from what I can see, make a sizable difference is invaluable.)

Worst: 360 Estelle. Tear, while not having bad AI, gets a shout-out for Holy Song; the fact that it heals is nifty and good in theory, but in practice it seems to take priority over better healing spells like Revitalize.
---
Currently playing: Tales of Graces f, Persona 4, Devil Summoner 2
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/Zerus/fail2-12.jpg
#4ShinZackraPosted 5/18/2012 10:08:10 PM
Arceus1234 posted...
This includes Modified AI settings; what Tales healer do you think did their Job (Healing) the best? (Just so people can't pull BS and say Cheria is the best healer because her A-Artes are good)

Worst: Either Cheria

Oh, that just sounds like a loophole for saying Cheria's a candidate for worst healer AI. >_>

Anyway, I'd put Rutee from Destiny R probably as the best. Actually uses her Level 2 BC at times to heal/revive, even if you've acquired her level 3 BC. And of course, her actual healing spells can come out quick since the AI will chain moves into things like Nurse, Heal, etc.

Worst... I dunno, I've grown too cynical about Tales mages in general to put a single person down. They all do dumb things that make me wish I could somehow control four characters at once.
---
Cheria is love.
Going to get: Xenoblade (Wii); Waiting for: The Last Story (Wii), Persona 4 Arena (PS3/360)
#5Arceus1234(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2012 10:14:58 PM
ShinZackra posted...
Arceus1234 posted...

Worst: Either Cheria

Oh, that just sounds like a loophole for saying Cheria's a candidate for worst healer AI. >_>.

No, It wouldn't make sense in the slightest for someone to Praise Cheria's healing when she's spending all her time Using A Artes.
---
The official Milla Maxwell of all boards.
#6Bronze_StuffPosted 5/18/2012 10:27:50 PM
Best: Mint. She literally did nothing but heal and buff on occasion. She stayed put where she needed to be. That's mainly because of how the formation system worked, but she did exactly what she was told. Occasionally threw out a hammer to stun, and had a great supporting moveset.

Worst: Estelle or Cheria

Estelle spends too much time derping around before doing the next heal. Or anything really.

Cheria doesn't heal too great. She'd rather heal people to full than pick someone else off the ground. I don't like that. It's one thing is the person is in awful health and she heals first, but there's literally no reason to here.
#7PalpablePosted 5/18/2012 11:52:33 PM
She'd rather heal people to full than pick someone else off the ground. I don't like that.

That's a problem across the board. Sophie heals to her designated amount and then she will begin to revive. It's not just Cheria. Even Raine did this.

Best: Natalia or Raine
Worst: Tear
---
"I never did very well in math - I could never seem to persuade the teacher that I hadn't meant my answers literally." - Calvin Trillin
#8bufumanPosted 5/19/2012 12:00:03 AM
Best: Cheria. Usually throws out the best-timed heals among the potential healers in this topic. Even Resurrections tend to come out shortly after a character dies.

Worst: Natalia. Largely due to Abyss's very bad decision of excluding healing from the TP limit in the strategy settings. Her expensive single-target heals drained her TP in very, VERY short order. I prefer AoE heals anyway, so Tear was usually my preferred healer (besides, she has Resurrection).
---
My associates are obviously grinning out of madness and perversion. It may be best for you to keep moving. ~Dominic Deegan
#9PalpablePosted 5/19/2012 12:03:47 AM
^ Tear would rather throw out Holy Song than do anything else and drain her TP more than Natalia would so I have literally no idea what you're talking about.
---
"I never did very well in math - I could never seem to persuade the teacher that I hadn't meant my answers literally." - Calvin Trillin
#10ShinZackraPosted 5/19/2012 12:10:20 AM
Why not just disable Holy Song (why do you keep it enabled anyway?) and just shortcut it for boss battles?
---
Cheria is love.
Going to get: Xenoblade (Wii); Waiting for: The Last Story (Wii), Persona 4 Arena (PS3/360)