How exactly do I beat the Rockgagong easily?

#1MabinogiFanPosted 5/29/2012 5:32:32 PM
I know there's a way to beat him in like one hit or something. I'm just not sure what it is or how to make it work.
#2bufumanPosted 5/29/2012 5:52:44 PM
Piggybacking!

Simply put, you equip a title that gives the effect "Damage Taken Added to Attack". Hubert, Sophie, and Cheria all have titles that do this, but beating the Rockgagong is most easily done with Hubert.

Equip all 3 stat-halving books and the Book of Audacity (if you're on a NG+, damage multipliers help as well).

Go into battle with a full Accel Gauge or a food that auto-revives.

Let the Rockgagong hit the character with the title. They'll take a ton of damage, but you can either let the food revive you or hit R2 to trigger Accel Mode right as you're hit, which will keep the character standing.

Smack the Rock once. Laugh your ass off.
---
My associates are obviously grinning out of madness and perversion. It may be best for you to keep moving. ~Dominic Deegan
#3EnjuPosted 5/29/2012 7:19:42 PM
i just unlocked the ability to challenge the rockgagong and i'm level 29 with Asbel, yeah, he beat my whole party and just destroyed them
---
Currently playing: Megaman SF 3, Lunar: Silvery Star Harmony, ARF, & MMZ: Collection
Green Dragon FC: 0387 -6219 -7134, Saurian FC: 1247 -0142 -9895
#4Three_Leaf_IvyPosted 5/29/2012 11:33:55 PM
Wasn't it changed in the PS3 version that the piggyback damage amounts reset on death (so the curry reviving doesn't work, but the Accel does)?

Otherwise yeah, all that Bufuman said.
---
What?! Oh, let me turn my music down. Yeah, cool... I'm listening.
Tales of Graces f cooking recipe spreadsheet: http://bit.ly/ToGfRecipes
#5PalpablePosted 5/30/2012 5:20:58 AM
^yes.
---
"I never did very well in math - I could never seem to persuade the teacher that I hadn't meant my answers literally." - Calvin Trillin
#6animeloverzzPosted 5/30/2012 6:54:47 AM
You can only use the curry method in the wii version.In the wii version I used this curry method to max all my characters.Sadly we can't do that in the PS3 version because now Rockgagong doesn't give any exp.
---
Now Playing : Tales of Xillia and Tales of Graces F
"This person has always been close to me but I have been too stupid to see it" -Asbel Lhant-
#7bufumanPosted 5/30/2012 2:59:46 PM
Huh, I'd heard that Piggybacking titles didn't reset on death. Guess I heard wrong.
*mentally updates info*
---
My associates are obviously grinning out of madness and perversion. It may be best for you to keep moving. ~Dominic Deegan
#8negi_magicianPosted 5/30/2012 3:21:35 PM
animeloverzz posted...
You can only use the curry method in the wii version.In the wii version I used this curry method to max all my characters.Sadly we can't do that in the PS3 version because now Rockgagong doesn't give any exp.

I was angry when I found that out, since it meant that I couldn't get to max level til my 2nd playthrough (10x exp). v_v
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/moxillaq/143295be.jpg
http://emmyc.com/HOTINHERE.gif