Eleth Mixer

#1PalpablePosted 6/4/2012 4:37:46 AM
Does the chance to make an item increase with the better the eleth mixer gets? I've noticed eleth costs drop (or I'm misremembering/crazy) so would it be easier to make items as it gets "stronger?"
---
"I never did very well in math - I could never seem to persuade the teacher that I hadn't meant my answers literally." - Calvin Trillin
#2Himi_KunPosted 6/4/2012 4:42:19 AM
'Spellbooks" are items that can be assigned a slot in the eleth mixer, providing a variety of effects. From increasing movement speed in the field to boosting exp/gald gains at the cost of increased difficulty in battle, to increasing the % success of an item appearing in the pot.

It sounds like you just got the mixer, so generally, for now, you'd want to assign a couple of the slots to items that have a high % of being made. Every item made increases the mixers max capacity, and builds experience toward unlocking more slots, so it can work on making more things.
---
Slice of Heaven; Control All Hearts; Terminate Others' Ascensions.
#3Palpable(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2012 4:44:22 AM(edited)
...no.
---
"I never did very well in math - I could never seem to persuade the teacher that I hadn't meant my answers literally." - Calvin Trillin
#4magnum7979Posted 6/4/2012 4:48:57 AM
No, % will remain the same regardless of how many Slot or Eleth Energy you have in your Eleth Mixer.
---
Malicious.
#5Himi_KunPosted 6/4/2012 4:50:35 AM
Oh, I'm sorry, did I misinterpret your question? Here, let me try again, and if I'm wrong again, I'm terribly sorry and won't continue to fill your topic with my misunderstandings.

Continuing to use the eleth mixer does not boost the production chance of popping items in a single tick. The ~1.6% chance of producing an herb will remain at that amount indefinately, short of utilizing a spellbook.
---
Slice of Heaven; Control All Hearts; Terminate Others' Ascensions.
#6Palpable(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2012 4:50:37 AM
Oookie dokie thank you.

Do the Book of Fortune and grade shop thingy stack at least?
---
#7magnum7979Posted 6/4/2012 4:52:58 AM
It does stack IIRC.
---
Malicious.
#8Palpable(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2012 4:55:23 AM
yaaaay

how much is "very low chance?" I'm assuming it's less than 1% so with the book and the grade shop bonus it's probably like ~4%?

i'm going to go ahead and assume that the dlc eleth mixer boost success rate blahblahwhatever doesn't stack though.
---
#9magnum7979Posted 6/4/2012 5:02:47 AM
Less than 1% for those with the description of a very low chance.

The DLC Option doesn't stack with the GRADE Shop Option due to them being the same option where the DLC merely provide you a way to access the content earlier.
---
Malicious.
#10Palpable(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2012 5:10:55 AM
whoop.

it's going to take a lot of running to grab all the rare item spheres before zhonecage yeaaaaaaaaaa
---