Vesperia PS3 is probably getting an NA release

#21darkzero16Posted 6/24/2012 5:23:35 AM
there is a better chance of me and palpable hopping on mara and riding off into the sunset :?

the fact that there is a chance at all is beyond surprising -_-
---
And please don't respond to this with "You're young, you won't get it".
A good argument doesn't need 5 years to become effective.
#22blue_manPosted 6/24/2012 7:08:19 AM
Blu-ray and game collection would be epic!
---
Currently Playing: Pandora's Tower (Wii) Tales of Graces f (PS3)
#23blue_manPosted 6/24/2012 7:13:13 AM
I would pick it up mind you, I imported a US PS3 to allow me to play ToL and TotA among other US only JRPGs. I still purchased the 3DS version of Tales of the Abyss, I have a US Tales of Symphonia, UK Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World, Tales of Destiny 1 and 2 US PS1 as well as Tales of Eternia and Tales of the World for the PSP. Finally I also have the US version of this but will preorder the UK version too.
---
Currently Playing: Pandora's Tower (Wii) Tales of Graces f (PS3)
#24buffy720Posted 6/24/2012 7:53:44 AM
Lelouch71 posted...
I doubt it but if it did happen it better come out for $40. I rather not buy a game that I beaten the hell out of 4 years ago for full price.

Then don't buy it. Not everyone had the same chance as you because not everyone has both a 360 and a PS3. It would still be a brand new game on the PS3, so I don't think Namco would lower the price just because the 360 also has a version. That's like saying Graces should have only been $40 since the Wii version exists, even if NA didn't get that. Hey, the version still exists, right?

That said, the PS3 version won't be coming here, so there's no real sense in arguing a price point, anyway.
---
Currently playing - Eternal Sonata (PS3).
Anticipating - Persona 4 Arena and Persona 4 Golden.
#25JonnovisionPosted 6/24/2012 9:53:22 AM
shadowysea07 posted...
I think its reasonable for people to not want to buy the same game twice. I didn't buy abyss 3ds oot 3ds and never plan to. the same goes for a majority of tales game ports. for example if they ported tos to the wiiu i wouldn't buy it even if they upgraded it. there would have to be a butt load of new content in order for me to purchase it again. unless the port is a more viable option or is far cheaper ports are a waste of time. I especially dislike when people say if you were a good little obedient slav...er fan you'd buy it. screw that crap.

Comparing it to not buying Abyss 3ds and OoT 3ds isn't the same, they mostly just had fixed glitches, OoT had some new content in the form of the extra modes and stuff but I think even they were seen before. Vesperia PS3 does in fact have a "butt load" of new content, I think someone around here said the extra dialogue added was about the same amount as the original game, then there was new artes, characters, and other things, like the Arena being more than a marathon fight.

as for the "if you were a good fan" argument, I think it should apply to Tales games because they aren't in the greatest financial situation, most of their reason for not localizing most things is that they're convinced they won't make profit.
---
Say down to it or drown by it, it's your turn to throw the dice.
#26StrikeNinja24Posted 6/24/2012 10:45:27 AM
Considering it took Funimation to take on the rights to make the movie, I really doubt it.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#27theofficefan99Posted 6/24/2012 11:23:55 AM
I don't understand how people can get so excited over an Enhanced Port of a game they played 4 years ago.

Tales of Xillia may have a mixed reception amongst fans, but I'm sure it's better and more exciting to play a new game over an enhanced port.
---
Anticipating: Phantasy Star Online 2, FF Versus XIII, FF Type-0, Xenoblade, The Last Story, Tomb Raider, and Final Fantasy XV
#28darkzero16Posted 6/24/2012 11:36:55 AM
I don't understand how people can get so excited over an Enhanced Port of a game they played 4 years ago.

Tales of Xillia may have a mixed reception amongst fans, but I'm sure it's better and more exciting to play a new game over an enhanced port.

Its because of comfort. Vesperia is held in a high regard across the fandom where as Xillias mixed reception has people on edge.

Also not everyone that wants Vesperia has played it. They are pretty much going at it the way people did with the whole "Xillia over Graces" fiasco awhile back.
---
And please don't respond to this with "You're young, you won't get it".
A good argument doesn't need 5 years to become effective.
#29theofficefan99Posted 6/24/2012 11:48:42 AM
Eh I guess. Well I just got Vesperia for Christmas and I'm at Part 3 and I despise the game so I'd rather have Xillia :p
---
Anticipating: Phantasy Star Online 2, FF Versus XIII, FF Type-0, Xenoblade, The Last Story, Tomb Raider, and Final Fantasy XV
#30buffy720Posted 6/24/2012 11:51:56 AM
And who says you're going to like Xillia any better? Simply because it has prettier graphics?

People can get excited over Vesperia PS3 because they want the game. It's that simple, and also, not everyone has played the 360 version. That means it would be a brand new game for said people.
---
Currently playing - Eternal Sonata (PS3).
Anticipating - Persona 4 Arena and Persona 4 Golden.