C/D: Tales of Vesperia PS3 is the worst thing to happen to the series

#1OrangeCrush980Posted 7/17/2012 9:25:01 AM
The amount of whining about it not being localized is epic, and so is the bashing of Graces and Xillia due to people that wanted Vesperia instead. Vesperia 360 will kill the series.
---
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality
#2OwnagepuffsPosted 7/17/2012 9:29:18 AM
D.

No, Phantasia GBA was from what I've heard. Also, the "whining" obviously wasn't enough to prevent Graces f and Xillia from coming over. Not to mention since they cleared up that they asked every six months people have calmed down.
---
Objection!
#3Azure_lKitePosted 7/17/2012 9:30:41 AM
By your logic, the fanbase is the worst thing that happened to the series, since ToV PS3 is a enhanced version of a game that was already great.
---
"It's a tradition unique to JRPG fanbases to discuss the virginity of characters." - SetsunaFSeiiei
BBCS:EX Main: Ragna/Trinity
#4confettistormPosted 7/17/2012 9:44:19 AM
Although the amount of times this comes up is kind of ridiculous and in no way are we fans entitled to the game (as many like to say they are), I still don't quite understand why they don't localize it.

They have the majority of the game already translated. They can probably easily transfer the control scheme over to the PS3. All the graphics/art/content is already there. Hell... if they just put it up as a PSN download, they don't even have shipping and material costs.

They just have to bring the voice actors back and translate a small amount of text.
Even if it doesn't sell like hotcakes, its not really a large and risky investment.
Even just selling 30,000 digital copies, I'm sure they can make a decent amount of money off of it.
#5Goul111Posted 7/17/2012 9:54:56 AM
Actually the amount of added dialogue audio is said be some to be double the amount there was for the original Vesperia, plus the licensing for the voices they already have, total still comes out to be pretty high.
---
Sengoku Basara for the new Toonami Block, spread the word.
#6PostCrisisJ2Posted 7/17/2012 9:58:12 AM
To the series? No.

The the fandom? Perhaps, I control the reapers.
---
You doff so furiously you are in danger of starting a HAT FIRE.
Black tumblr is worse than BET.
#7Elec Man EXEPosted 7/17/2012 10:45:07 AM
This is almost as ridiculous as the people that say Shadow killed the Sonic series or that Krystal killed the Star Fox series.

The "bashing of Graces / Xillia due to not getting Vesperia PS3" is a vocal minority and has little affect on the series or even those specific games. For most, wanting Vesperia PS3 doesn't change opinions on other games at all, it just means they'd like to play Vesperia PS3 in English.
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
#8Lelouch71Posted 7/17/2012 11:00:45 AM
No but the way Namdai handled the whole Vesperia fiasco wasn't one of their finest moments. Although, Vesperia fanboys annoy me more than Symphonia's fanboys nowadays.
---
"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
#9OwnagepuffsPosted 7/17/2012 11:13:52 AM
PostCrisisJ2 posted...
To the series? No.

The the fandom? Perhaps, I control the reapers.

I'm curious. I became a Tales fan recently. What was the reaction like for ToD DC and ToS PS2 like when they didn't come over?
---
Objection!
#10Ultima_LordPosted 7/17/2012 11:28:05 AM
D.

That's it. Just no
---
The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate...