How do you effectively play Hubert?

#1Jprime666Posted 7/18/2012 8:45:53 AM
Compared to Asbel I find I get hit more, and he can't a beating as well.
---
But... great wind! I'm... I... what was I saying? I'm... tired. you... may be right. Yes, I'm tired... I'll nap. destroy the universe later... - Niftu Cal
#2JakomaynePosted 7/18/2012 8:49:35 AM
Spam X.
Like with everyone else.
---
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5127/leaderaz.jpg
#3Lionking-CyanPosted 7/18/2012 11:17:39 AM
Jakomayne posted...
Spam X.
Like with everyone else.

ahahahah. Made my day.
#4ss4kamiPosted 7/18/2012 11:58:22 AM
Gets lots of CC
Hit X 4 times
back dash out.
Rinse and repeat.

Alternatively, Scarlet all day long.
---
PSN: Sunoya
SteamID: ss4kami
#5darkzero16Posted 7/18/2012 12:00:50 PM
How you play is up to you just be sure to end a combo with at least 1 CC on you so you can side step/cancel out of his end hit animation as they leave him wide open to attacks.
---
Nobody wants to be educated and nobody wants to educate, yet everyone wants to have a vibrant opinion - digidevilwil
Awaiting:ToX/2, NnK, P4A, P4G, SAO, AWS1/2
#6darkzero16Posted 7/18/2012 12:02:05 PM
Alternatively, Scarlet all day long.

Rolling Thunderbolt is fine too
---
Nobody wants to be educated and nobody wants to educate, yet everyone wants to have a vibrant opinion - digidevilwil
Awaiting:ToX/2, NnK, P4A, P4G, SAO, AWS1/2
#7VirilessPosted 7/18/2012 12:23:16 PM
I just started playing with hubert as my main on a newgame+ and he's a LOT more different than asbel.

Hubert is a very spammy character, you're goal when using him is to block and wait for an opportunity where you can attack without worrying about being hit yourself. Asbel is a very jump into the action character. Once you find an opening with hubert, at high amounts of CC he can just go to town with opponents. Huberts accuracy is very high allowing him to break the defense of his opponents.

Tips, his B artes are kind of weak, but you can chain and spam them like crazy. Try to learn the adept titles for his b arte skills to get the alter skill at the end.
As another user mentioned, get scarlette salvo, learn the alter arte, get somewhat close o enemy, sidestep, hold left O. If you're fighting a boss and your gauge triggers you'll definitly hit a 50-100 hit combo with this. His accel mode is godly, start-up invincibility, constant stun locking arrows, and cheaper moves will destroy.

Hubert is also the best at destroying nova barriers with cheap, fast, and ranged skills.
---
http://www.freedomainradio.com/
http://www.mises.ca/
#8OwnagepuffsPosted 7/18/2012 12:36:13 PM
There are topics on this. Jus' sayin' lol
---
Objection!
#9kidishPosted 7/18/2012 12:50:43 PM
Another thing: even though Hubert's B-artes are pretty weak, most of them cause stagger more regularly than his A-artes. With him, I'll B-arte into an A-arte tree with more success than the other way around. Oddly.
#10Bronze_StuffPosted 7/18/2012 1:34:14 PM
Try to end all of your combos with a gun move or 1 CC so you can sidestep your way to safety. That's about it. Either that or just spam B artes.
---
Jimbo.