eleth mixer expansion

#1EnjuPosted 7/27/2012 8:17:27 AM
does anyone know the fastest / best way of getting experience for the eleth mixer? i'm trying to get the achievement for maxing it and right now i only have 3600 eleth in it

more importantly is there any good way of getting more slots for the mixer? i only have 9 slots right now and i think the max for slots is something like 16? how did it take the people that have completed this achievement? do you guys have any tips?
---
Currently playing: Megaman SF 3, Lunar: Silvery Star Harmony, ARF, & MMZ: Collection
Green Dragon FC: 0387 -6219 -7134, Saurian FC: 1247 -0142 -9895
#2kidishPosted 7/27/2012 8:22:31 AM
Food dishes in battle build the eleth count. When you get the Book of Potential, set a dish that will cook in every fight, and you'll start building better. The Book of Growth helps some too but doesn't really grow it as fast as Potential-cooking, so use it alongside it.

Materials build the slots. When you get the Book of Expansion (very late game, unfortunately), keep it on there with the Book of Fortune (doubles chances to produce material) and the Book of Duplication.

It is easiest to max this out over two playthroughs than grinding on one.
#3Enju(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2012 8:33:11 AM
that's lame but i was afraid that as much would be true, and do you know exactly where you get the book of expansion because i've beaten the main arc and i have to obtain that book

also, i know this is kind off topic from my own topic but does anyone have any suggestions for what the best gems are to create for each character? i'm working on making a good holy / bless for Cheria right now since i thought it would be good for her to heal regularly and be better at healing (since i use her as my primary healer)
---
Currently playing: Megaman SF 3, Lunar: Silvery Star Harmony, ARF, & MMZ: Collection
#4kidishPosted 7/27/2012 8:44:13 AM
The Book of Expansion is found in the Fendel Tower basement, which opens up once you see the Lhant scene near the end (I believe). It is one of the few books most people still don't know exists, as no FAQ guide has listed it until very recently.

Regarding gems:
For Asbel, especially if you main him, I like tension-gain. Vitality needed on Hubert, Cheria, Sophie. I like CC-adding gems on Malik. For Pascal, I've enjoyed either c.def-absorb (her A-artes hit many times) or vitality-absorb.
#5TRE Public AccountPosted 7/27/2012 8:50:10 AM
For getting more Eleth Mixer slots fill your mixer from top to bottom in this order. As you get new slots, add the next item on the list. Skip the Book of Expansion if you just want to run around and not do battles. Don't use the Book of Duplication. It doesn't help with Mixer Slot Exp and you don't need multiple copies of these items.

Book of Fortune
(Book of Expansion)
Expensive Desk
Lantern
Vellum
Spirit Mask
Gelatin
Deathwing Wine
Gear Puzzle
Quill Pen
Kitchen Knife
Caustic
Knight Water
Collar Frills
Bracelet
Necklace

You can get to 15 out of 16 slots within a fairly reasonable amount of time. To get the 16th slot, you need to run around for over 200 hours so you might want to skip doing that.
---
SuperNiceDog was not so nice to my bracket.
Congrats to SuperNiceDog for winning the Rivalry Rumble Guru Contest!
#6Enju(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2012 9:05:51 AM
okay thanks, as soon as i play the game again i'll go to fendel tower and search for the book of expansion
---
#7kidishPosted 7/27/2012 9:28:40 AM
TRE Public Account posted...
Don't use the Book of Duplication. It doesn't help with Mixer Slot Exp and you don't need multiple copies of these items.

You are false. The Book of Duplication produces two of each item at three times the eleth cost, which means you spend more to make less - but get more "exp" from the eleth use. Combined with the Book of Fortune, you'd be making two items at the six times the costs and thus, six times the eleth "exp."
#8TRE Public AccountPosted 7/27/2012 9:55:35 AM
The slot exp you get per activation is equal to the base cost of the item you make.

Expensive Desk costs 1000 Eleth

w/ No Books
-You get 1 Expensive Desk for 1000 Eleth per activation
-You get them at the base creation rate (2%)
-You get 1000 points towards Slot growth per activation

w/ Book of Fortune
-You get 1 Expensive Desk for 2000 Eleth per activation
-You are twice as likely to produce Expensive Desk (4%)

w/ Book of Duplication
-You get 2 Expensive Desk for 3000 Eleth per activation (so 1500 each)
-You get them at the base creation rate (2%)
-You get 1000 points towards Slot growth per activation (not 2000)

w/ Book of Fortune and Book of Duplication
-You get 2 Expensive Desk for 6000 Eleth per activation (so 3000 each)
-You are twice as likely to produce Expensive Desk (4%)
---
SuperNiceDog was not so nice to my bracket.
Congrats to SuperNiceDog for winning the Rivalry Rumble Guru Contest!
#9kidishPosted 7/27/2012 10:04:59 AM
TRE Public Account posted...
The slot exp you get per activation is equal to the base cost of the item you make.

For serious? Base cost only, eh. Pardon my earlier response then. Interesting.
#10Enju(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2012 11:45:04 AM
wow i didn't know all of that but it is interesting and helpful, thanks!
---