Radiant Historia. What's this game about?

#1QuailManNXTPosted 11/24/2010 9:52:34 AM
I just read an announcement about Atlus bringing it over and it got my interest. Is this related to Radiata Story(Stories?) on the PS2?

Regular RPG? SRPG? Anyone got any detailed info?
---
From the planet Bob.
Patience. Intelligence. Speed.
#2Dorfl_2Posted 11/24/2010 2:16:22 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiant_Historia
---
Currently playing: Radiant Historia
#3QuailManNXT(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2010 9:24:17 PM
I've already seen the wiki page.
---
The Nexus: "You're Either Nexus Or You're Against Us"
We walk alone and be alone
#4Dorfl_2Posted 11/25/2010 12:14:24 PM
Ask specific questions and we'll try to answer them, then. After you've done your Google homework, of course.
---
#5QuailManNXT(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2010 1:43:20 PM
Eh, if you're going to make an issue about it.

Does the game have plenty of towns? Is it similar to CT? Is the music really that good as I heard it on the Jpn site? I mean, how big is the game? Does it have an overworld?

I was really asking anyone who has played the Jpn version what they thought of it.
---
The Nexus: "You're Either Nexus Or You're Against Us"
We walk alone and be alone
#6Dorfl_2Posted 11/26/2010 3:16:06 PM
Does the game have plenty of towns?
Not at all. Two main cities, three smaller ones, two or three villages. Lots of dungeons and lots of backtracking.

Is it similar to CT?
Not in the least. RH affects the timeline in each world much more directly.

Is the music really that good as I heard it on the Jpn site?
I like it. I like it at lot. I'm not going crazy over it, but I like it.

I mean, how big is the game?
Big? In terms of scope or what? Everything takes place on one small continent, but you're still saving the world. Because you're always saving the world. If you've played Stella Deus, it's a bit like that.

Does it have an overworld?
No.
---
#7TemplarKnightPosted 11/27/2010 3:25:48 PM
Are there many recruitable characters, or are you just limited to the ones shown on wikipedia?

Are there many major branches in the game?

Does the game let you choose between different "sides", sort of how like how Radiata Stories did with the humans, and fairies?
#8Dorfl_2Posted 11/28/2010 8:28:11 AM
Are there many recruitable characters, or are you just limited to the ones shown on wikipedia?
Just the ones shown on wikipedia. A total of seven people can join your party.

Are there many major branches in the game?
Two major branches. Everything else is minor and comes back to the main branch (or goes into bad end) eventually.

Does the game let you choose between different "sides", sort of how like how Radiata Stories did with the humans, and fairies?
I haven't finished it yet, but so far no.
---
#9thefinaloraclePosted 11/29/2010 3:40:40 PM
"Are there many recruitable characters, or are you just limited to the ones shown on wikipedia?
Just the ones shown on wikipedia. A total of seven people can join your party."

Wait!? Any of those on the wikipedia list are playable? I did some google researching and I've only seen screens for Stock, Rainey, Marco, Ath(or whatever her name is), Roche, Princess Chick with a gun(?) and some hairy beastman. I really want Keel to be playable! Please tell me he is playable, please?

By the way...who is your favorite character and in your opinion the most powerful?
---
College takes away all of your time to play videogames :'(
Official Archer dude of the Agito XIII Board
#10Dorfl_2Posted 11/29/2010 4:00:34 PM
SPOILERS

Keel is not playable. The wiki only lists major characters, some of which are not playable.

Who's most powerful? Depends on your playing style. But certain characters (Roche, Gafka, Elca) will spend their time exclusive to one timeline or another, which means their levels will be lower than the rest of the party for much of the game.
---