any tips on what car/setup to use on the final slide (last drift competition)?

#1shaft2006Posted 4/6/2011 4:38:09 PM
I got first on every other drift event using the GT500. Now I can barely hit the podium.
#2abcefurPosted 4/6/2011 5:36:08 PM
For the Miami track, its imperative that you get to know the course, and be able to string together basically the whole track in a few drifts (its possible). Also, there are certain parts of the track that, if you drift too far off the drift line, it will stop counting your score, so watch out for that.

I used the Team NFS RX-8 for the entire Drift series of events. For Miami, I can drift the whole track in 3rd gear (untuned). I managed to get a final score of just over... 2000 I believe. It took a lot of work though. You basically can't screw up once.
---
A fantasy writer uses logic the same way a drunk man uses a lamp post; for support, not illumination.
#3WonderCalibanPosted 4/7/2011 1:13:08 AM
Do you actually have to place first in that drift to place first in the event. As it's 1/4 then if you got 1st on the others then you may not even need a podium to still get 1st overall.

I don't know that for certain, I just started this event. Took me 30 minutes to get 1st in the first track.
#4Dominus-NoxPosted 4/7/2011 2:46:16 AM
I used the Z06 you win from the class C Inivitational (stock), got 1st on all of them then couldn't even place 3rd on the Miami track. I eventually rage-quit(ted?) but still unlocked the Monster GT500 (cuz of points). I think its just practice practice practice, and learning the best line and picking a car that suits your style (I personally am finding the S15 with a couple of upgrades to be really good).
#5WonderCalibanPosted 4/7/2011 11:57:34 PM
I can confirm that if you got first in the previous 3 drift events in the series then you don't even need a podium in Miami to win. You still come first and get the badge for beating the rival. Check the event standings.
#6shaft2006(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2011 9:45:33 AM
I finally beat that Vaughn bastard after several tries with different vehicles. The winning car was my old standby the Shelby GT500. It took some severe persistance and I had to barricade my front window to prevent a controller from flying through it though. lol
#7XerocagePosted 4/9/2011 7:07:01 AM
God damn, you kids these days need to be spoon fed i sware.....
You say "I got first on every other drift event using the GT500"
yet you need other people to tell you what to use for the rest?
why not get them to finish the game for you and send the game-save to you, just to save you the time.
---
If someone told Kaz Bathurst had a corner called skyline it would be in the game next week.~ alexlee
PSN: xeroAU
#8500whpSRT4Posted 4/9/2011 10:23:37 AM
I used the Corvette Z06 that you win from the B invit.

I placed first in all events, although Tokyo and Miami I had to do a couple times to get.
#9VrrrooomPosted 4/10/2011 5:57:12 AM(edited)
I didn't have any issue with any of the events in the entire Drift section, apart from the Ebisu ones. I used a Chevrolet Corvette Stingray [C 842]
---
;)
#10shaft2006(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2011 9:22:48 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]