keyboard = unplayable.

#1diforcerPosted 3/29/2011 8:42:29 AM

I'm old , I've been around since the first need for speed and im a gamer ever since I can remmember my self.

I love racing games and car games , in the last decade I have played pretty much all of them , consoles or no consoles .

all NFS games , all forza games , all gran turismo games , and name a few like juiced , juiced 2 , etc etc etc ..

In real life I had a peugeot 106 GTI , golf GTI mazda miata and now an S2000 , I really enjoy driving and i've taken several advanced driving lessons and I participate in many events now and years ago.

Having said that , The feel of the cars in SHIFT 2 is unrealistic , cars dont handle like that.

the driver ( thats you ) in the car moves the wheel WAY to slowly it angers me , if you switch to ckockpit view you can see how slowly he turns the wheel , ever watched a real rally driver in cockpit ? try it in youtube ... you can easily notice he corrects the wheel very VERY fast , he turns it very fast and he basically his interaction with the steering wheel is in light speed.

the keyboard control is unrealistec , the handeling is pure **** no matter what you do ,

I allways drive with all driving aids OFF , in forza 3 I can drift my way with 600+ WHP rear wheel drive cars in most circuits and achive perfect control , I am not saying this because im a show off , im saying this because it is possible to do so , you should not struggle with the car like you do in SHIFT.

I played shift 1 alot and still feel very unnatural , shift 2 just makes it worst with all the screen shaking and DERP ( console boy ) **** .

Im glad I didnt buy this piece of ****

#2jer_1Posted 3/29/2011 8:48:40 AM

You're complaining about the controls while using a keyboard?! Hah, why not just drive your own car with a wrench and a couple rubber bands, it's about as accurate as a keyboard.

Drive with a steering wheel then come back here and complain, I think more people will care.

#3DorktronPosted 3/29/2011 8:51:06 AM
You are looking for a realistic racing experience while using a keyboard? Try a search on youtube to see how quick a rally racer corrects...on a keyboard. Let me know what ya find.
---
PSN: Dorktron2000. Always looking for mature LBP players to join.
#4GlitchwerksPosted 3/29/2011 8:52:47 AM
Not to mention, shouldn't you take the gripe to the PC board?

You don't play Forza 3 with a keyboard, why would you play Shift 2 with one?

What a post...
---
the real irony is that glitch is right and everyone knows it. This game (GT5) was in the sewers before anyone even flushed. - Mad_Cow46
#5The_Rick_14Posted 3/29/2011 9:13:02 AM
Ok about the rally racers moving the wheel, they need to do that because they're on gravel, dirt, etc. Watch a cockpit video of a GT1 car and you'll see the steering wheel rotation has been reduced so they don't have to move the wheel lightning quick to make a simple turn. Here's a good example of what I'm talking about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o35rZaJdpHs
#6theslugsPosted 3/29/2011 1:07:39 PM

diforcer posted...

I allways drive with all driving aids OFF , in forza 3 I can drift my way with 600+ WHP rear wheel drive cars in most circuits and achive perfect control , I am not saying this because im a show off , im saying this because it is possible to do so , you should not struggle with the car like you do in SHIFT.

I don't care how many performance driving classes you've taken, I'm willing to bet if you tried drifting a 600+whp rwd car you wouldn't get perfect control and your results would be closer to what you've found with this game than with forza. Of course if you try doing that with a keyboard you def aren't going to get perfect control with any kind of car in any game. That whole post reads like a joke, from the beginning when you state you're old all teh way to the end. But at least it controlled well with your keyboard.

#7CluBBedToDeAthPosted 3/30/2011 2:33:31 PM
That made my day. Of all things, this guy sounds like a troll. There's no way anyone plays racing games with a keyboard anymore how old you or your skills are.
---
XBL Gamertag - V Top....PSN ID - V2TheTop
#8Stavrogin204Posted 3/30/2011 7:02:14 PM
LMAO - if this is realů wow
#9BuffaloadedPosted 3/31/2011 5:26:59 AM
jer_1 posted...
Drive with a steering wheel then come back here and complain,

Ya..... Like eeeeeverybody else is...
Sure this post seems rediculous but you guys are pretty defensive about what I'm reading is a very terrible game.
---
PSN: Reverend_Casey
Xbox Live: DirtyE30
#10hendeeze1Posted 4/2/2011 6:20:10 PM
"welcome to the club" says the wheel and controller players