Failed to connect via LAN

#1SaberslashPosted 9/20/2012 9:45:48 PM
I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue, or if anyone can help me fix it.

I get Torchlight 2 installed on my computer and my wife's computer. I make a LAN game, and at first we could not connect to each other at all. We try all manner of rebooting steam/Torchlight 2 and finally she can connect to me.

Now she cannot connect to me at all. Just keeps saying connection failed again. But now I can connect to her LAN game for some reason..... Computers are literally feet apart, both connected to a router just a few feet away. Not wireless.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
---
PSN - Skaghar
XBox Live - Skaghar
#2Saberslash(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2012 5:41:13 AM
Still looking for assistance. tried it again this morning and now neither of us can connect to one another....
---
PSN - Skaghar
XBox Live - Skaghar
#3ZetamancerPosted 9/21/2012 5:51:33 AM
you need to be part of the same homegroup.
---
Pokemon Diamond FC: 0517 6756 4359
#4Saberslash(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2012 6:00:19 AM
As far as I know we are both part of the same home group.

What is confusing to me is last night after fighting with it she could finally connect to me, then after a break she couldn't so I had to connect to her, and now we can't connect to each other at all...
---
PSN - Skaghar
XBox Live - Skaghar
#5Saberslash(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2012 6:08:00 AM
Zetamancer posted...
you need to be part of the same homegroup.

Wow, okay, I forgot that I had upgraded her computer recently, and I guess it got her off the home group. After I re-added her computer, I was able to instantly access my LAN game. Thank you so much for this assistance. Sorry about my last post, I was booting up her computer at the time and hadn't checked yet.

As long as it still works tonight when we try to play again, awesome. Thanks again.
---
PSN - Skaghar
XBox Live - Skaghar
#6ReallyDamnMad2Posted 9/22/2012 11:32:12 PM
do you need to buy this game multiple times to play over LAN?
---
Take this quarter. Go downtown, and have a RAT...GNAW THAT THING OFF YOUR FACE...
#7Buck_SwagglerPosted 9/25/2012 6:38:57 PM
Bump, same question ^
---
julbull73 - Ahh message boards: Here's my opinion and why. Insert logical reasoning
Response:Your opinion is wrong.
#8zavlinzPosted 9/25/2012 6:40:09 PM
^no. At least not for the runic version. I imagine you might with the steam version.