The game's going to be hacked to hell.

#1BeefyNukesPosted 3/29/2012 11:03:53 AM
Being able to use offline characters online?

It's kind of sad. Online games are meant to be played without cheats.

RIP Torchlight 2 :\ I guess I'll still buy ya since you'll only be $20, but it won't be as fun.
#2MarikhenPosted 3/29/2012 12:22:50 PM
ITT: All your friends are dirty, rotten, lying, cheating SoBs that you wouldn't trust to date your butch, biker sister even after they let her handcuff them to the bed and put a ball-gag in their mouths.
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
#3PirwzwhomperPosted 3/30/2012 8:43:49 PM
If you're not forced to play with someone you don't want to play with, who cares how the other people play? I never understood.
---
(^_^) <-- the Prophet Mohammad // APM is SC2's GearScore
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/Pirwzwhomper/C-Hheh.jpg
#4BeefyNukes(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2012 8:40:12 AM

ITT: All your friends are dirty, rotten, lying, cheating SoBs that you wouldn't trust to date your butch, biker sister even after they let her handcuff them to the bed and put a ball-gag in their mouths.

Eh? Bad analogy much?

If you're not forced to play with someone you don't want to play with, who cares how the other people play? I never understood.

Except. . . I am forced to play with them? If I create a game and put a "No Hackers Allowed!" tag in the title, will that keep them out? Do I have to continuously quit and join different games where the people aren't hacking? What kind of system is that? Why can't people play how they want to play. . . without cheating? Is that so much to ask for?

It's a multiplayer game. . . they're meant to be played with either friends or strangers. You know, join a game relatively close to where you are in the story and make NEW friends?

Besides, all my friends will be playing Diablo 3. I'd have to play with strangers if I wanted to do ANY multiplayer at all in this game.

Once again, I could get my $20 fix out of this game, but it's going to be hard to enjoy online when security is taken so lightly.

If I wanted to play open battlenet, I'd go back and play a game that's over a decade old.
---
GameFAQs: Where a Kid can be a Kid.
#5Lost7thPosted 3/31/2012 7:03:03 PM
BeefyNukes posted...

Except. . . I am forced to play with them? If I create a game and put a "No Hackers Allowed!" tag in the title, will that keep them out?

Except..you're not

and heaven forbid you have enough sense in your head to know when people are obviously cheating.

Do I have to continuously quit and join different games where the people aren't hacking?

yes. yes you do.

What kind of system is that? Why can't people play how they want to play. . . without cheating? Is that so much to ask for?

for you it is evidently.

but then again for gamers today a game that doesn't breath for them and chew their food may be asking to much
---
PSN: Braveking7th
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!
#6MarikhenPosted 4/1/2012 2:47:32 PM
BeefyNukes posted...
Eh? Bad analogy much?

Nope. It was quite in line with your over-exaggeration of the issue and inflated personal angst over something that is a null issue for just about everyone.
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
#7IntoTheN1ghtPosted 4/8/2012 2:23:13 AM
Its why the always-online thing in D3 has been accepted, the loot, monsters and NPCs will be server side, thus just like a MMO.

I will gladly take always online -> no hacking than offline but hacks up the ***.

Sorry but my internet maybe goes off once a year for about a hour, i think i can manage that. I cant however take a game seriously that is hacked beyond belief.

What is the point of even playing it and investing time when nothing has any value? Why not just hack myself and get the best character? Run around for 30 min and uninstall the game?
---
Look at my game it must hurt! GA GA GA GA GA Hooray for me! In your face! You cant deny me, its to real for you!
#8hock3yPosted 4/8/2012 8:10:38 PM

You can always play with your friends. Or join a torchlight community, and play with trusted players that will most likely not be cheating. The official website has a great community - you can even make new online friends to play with. There's nothing forcing you to play with randoms that might be cheating, but there are lots of people out there that WONT be cheating and do enjoy playing the game for fun.

#9Lost7thPosted 4/12/2012 4:50:23 AM
IntoTheN1ght posted...
Its why the always-online thing in D3 has been accepted, the loot, monsters and NPCs will be server side, thus just like a MMO.

no the always online thing was accepted because Blizzard fans are witless dullards who will throw their money away at anything the company puts out regardless of quality
---
PSN: Braveking7th
PIMP HARDER FOR THE PYM PARTICLES
#10zavlinzPosted 4/12/2012 7:22:33 AM(edited)
Easy TC, this game isnt multiplayer, its "singeleplayer+"

Lost7th posted...
and heaven forbid you have enough sense in your head to know when people are obviously cheating.

do you seriously think its always obvious when someone cheats? it can be very very subtle(like giving themselves the best gear and instantly high level. How can you tell they didnt just get that the right way? You cant.). And yeah, playing with your friends is nice.. but most people play for the bigger community, and a handful of cheaters ruins that.