The Skull

#1DanDaMan558Posted 9/21/2012 1:05:51 PM
Got this unique ring off a chest in one of the phase challenges... anyone know what it does or how often it procs? I've had it on for a few fights but haven't noticed anything
#2thetravelerPosted 9/21/2012 1:10:11 PM
DanDaMan558 posted...
Got this unique ring off a chest in one of the phase challenges... anyone know what it does or how often it procs? I've had it on for a few fights but haven't noticed anything

a link from the TL2 armory would be helpful.
#3raensi_dneehtPosted 9/21/2012 1:11:56 PM
It has a 1% chance of being activated when you're hit. The item itself gives you this information.
---
Official Tentacruel of the Pokemon B2/W2 Boards
New and improved Sea Salt, now with 0% Sodium Chloride!
#4DanDaMan558(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2012 1:15:31 PM
ya i was asking what it does or if it's useful... haven't had it proc yet lol
#5raensi_dneehtPosted 9/21/2012 1:17:05 PM
It summons a skull which shoots fire based projectiles at enemies for a short while.

I wouldn't count on it being a main damage source, but it's a nice addition if the ring's stats suit your need.
---
Official Tentacruel of the Pokemon B2/W2 Boards
New and improved Sea Salt, now with 0% Sodium Chloride!
#6thetravelerPosted 9/22/2012 7:30:10 AM
raensi_dneeht posted...
It summons a skull which shoots fire based projectiles at enemies for a short while.

I wouldn't count on it being a main damage source, but it's a nice addition if the ring's stats suit your need.

its cool. it makes this screaming sound and poof.. a floating,flame engulfed skull that shoots fireballs. im sure the damage is not even worth mentioning but it still looks cool.
#7BreakmanDXPosted 9/22/2012 9:35:15 AM
I got this thing early in Act 1 on my berserker and wore it all the way through about halfway through Act 2, even though it had terrible random stats and terrible rolls on enchantments. I don't remember actually seeing it ever activate either, despite my character always being in the action and getting hit a lot, though maybe it did in huge fights and I just didn't know what to look for. I finally replaced it.

It seemed pretty lame to me, at least with the rolls I got on it, but it's definitely neat to have unique items so early in the game that are truly unique in their effects, unlike D3.
---
`w'
#8TheUnknownGuyPosted 9/22/2012 12:27:14 PM
I have Vyrax's Heartfire socketed in my helm (giving a 1% chance for the skull to proc when I get hit) and I see it all the time. Each shot does ~1200 damage too. I'm a fan.
---
DDR is good, DDR is nice, the only thing that's better than DDR is rice!
#9superhatPosted 9/24/2012 9:45:37 AM
I have this ring too, and it has a socket but I couldn't put anything on it. When I drop the socketable nothing happens, it just swaps the ring into my cursor, just like if it was a regular item. Anyone notice this? Wondering if it's a glitch or something amazing is supposed to go there to make the item better.
#10szykny291Posted 9/24/2012 10:17:09 AM
On the socketable description you should notice it says "requires item level X". In the upper right corner of the item you should see a number that marks the items level. If that number is lower than the socketable, they swap. This is why you haven't been able to place it in the item.