Transmutation recipes

#1Dn262sevenPosted 9/21/2012 4:13:51 PM
Has anyone found any transmutation recipes yet? I've really only found two that weren't given already. I did some testing and came up with some results. Post any you've discovered.

2x set item = 1 random set item (ilvl is averaged, rounded up/down is random)
2x spells = 1 random spell (ilvl is averaged, rounded up/down is random)

3x any level potion = 1 next level potion
4x unique item = 1x random unique item (Note: unique gems work as components.)
3x socketable = 1x high grade socketable (ilvl goes all over the place)
1x unsocketed item + 2x gem of equal ilvl = add socket to item

Other notes:
If you use 2x unique set items, you will get a random set item. It's not guaranteed to be unique.
If you use 4x unique set items, you will use all 4 and get a random unique item. It's not guaranteed to be a set item.
If you use 3 unique gems + 1 unique item, the gem recipe dominates and you end up keeping the item and making a new random gem that isn't guaranteed unique
---
Darksun2627
#2Succubus191Posted 9/21/2012 4:42:20 PM
Awesome. I was looking for a thread like this. Thanks.

I was trying to figure out how to make Rejuvination potions I had no luck. I'm sure there will be a way to do it.
#3Dn262seven(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2012 10:54:42 AM
I haven't been able to find anything else, even though I've been trying to look for rejuvenation potions. However, I've found that multiple rejuvenation pots of a single level will not combine to make the next level rejuvenation potion.

If anyone wants to test for items, using the console helps to spawn items to test with. Here's a list of item indices (It links to a google doc).

http://bit.ly/Oiw53I
---
Darksun2627
#4FerretDruidPosted 9/22/2012 11:09:16 AM
Dn262seven posted...
If you use 3 unique gems + 1 unique item, the gem recipe dominates and you end up keeping the item and making a new random gem that isn't guaranteed unique

Similarly, if you use 4 unique socketables, you'll just get a regular socketable instead of a new unique item (one will remain unused).
---
Bear with me... things are about to get grizzly!
Fox is HOT!
#5TheUnknownGuyPosted 9/22/2012 12:31:14 PM
Are there any rules for the ilvl of the 4 uniques used in the "4x uniques to make a random unique" recipe?
---
DDR is good, DDR is nice, the only thing that's better than DDR is rice!
#6Dn262seven(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2012 12:41:09 PM
TheUnknownGuy posted...
Are there any rules for the ilvl of the 4 uniques used in the "4x uniques to make a random unique" recipe?

It seems to be something similar to the gem ilvls. It will always be in the range between the lowest ilvl you use and the highest ilvl you use. So if you use 4 items with the same ilvl, you're guaranteed that ilvl. Otherwise, it seems to be weighted randomization. So if you use 3 ilvl 40's and an ilvl 20, it is actually possible to end up with an ilvl 20. However, you're more likely to end up with something in the high ilvl 30's or an ilvl40. This is all from testing with a fairly small sample size, though. So I couldn't tell you definitively. I think someone will have to look at the game code or Runic would have to tell us themselves to be sure of anything beyond conjecture.
---
Darksun2627
#7Dn262seven(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2012 12:55:36 PM
Dn262seven posted...
TheUnknownGuy posted...

It seems to be something similar to the gem ilvls. It will always be in the range between the lowest ilvl you use and the highest ilvl you use. So if you use 4 items with the same ilvl, you're guaranteed that ilvl. Otherwise, it seems to be weighted randomization. So if you use 3 ilvl 40's and an ilvl 20, it is actually possible to end up with an ilvl 20. However, you're more likely to end up with something in the high ilvl 30's or an ilvl40. This is all from testing with a fairly small sample size, though. So I couldn't tell you definitively. I think someone will have to look at the game code or Runic would have to tell us themselves to be sure of anything beyond conjecture.

As an update to this post, I just transmuted 4 uniques, level 55,56,57,and 58. I got a unique lvl 53 item out of it. So my initial theory of the ilvl of the unique that comes out being in the range of the lowest and highest ilvls is not accurate.
---
Darksun2627