Weapons Leveling Up!

#11RyozoPosted 9/24/2012 5:45:57 AM
Not sure which 'blacksmithing system' you're referring to; two possibilities come to mind:

*the enchanters (you'll encounter several in a given playthrough; the fact that some specialize in particular forms of enchantment is handy - for instance, engineers will appreciate finding the ones that deal with fire or electricity so they can get the most out of Fire and Spark Mastery); or
*the augmentations (the 'kill X [enemies/specific enemy type; pick one] to upgrade') attached to certain weapons - this is a nice touch, reminds me of Too Human's charm quests. The only thing I'd fix here is to make the unlocked enchantments another color (just like how the ones from enchanters are set apart)
---
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
#12cymanxPosted 9/24/2012 5:57:47 AM
I actually have one of those weapons that you speak of. It's a unique called Spider's Lament.

These are the stats... http://torchlight2armory.com/item?i=-3169180683460060779

And if anyone wants it, it is up for grabs. I don't use one handed melee weapons. Let me know and I'll arrange something today.
---
Maybe if we talk to the television, and know everything there is to know about football, that our favorite team will make it to the super bowl...
#13jbtilleyPosted 9/24/2012 11:19:52 AM
I don't think it's all that unique. That's the first one I got. It probably has a high drop rate because I got it either during or slightly after that poison the spider nests quest.
#14KiltyMcBagpipesPosted 9/24/2012 11:22:28 AM
How about a system like Disgaea? Where each item has a random dungeon in it, which you could go in and level through it.
#15ZaruenKosai(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2012 11:27:37 AM
Certain Orange Items Get upgraded after meeting prerequisites.. i dont know what it does as ive never done it yet but thats what made me think of the upgrading system from Suikoden.
#16arucard199Posted 9/24/2012 11:34:04 AM
kutchunk posted...
i loved watching my castle/fort/hq grow as i recruited more members.. or was that suikoden 2? either way good times :)

That was like, every Suikoden they ever made. ;P
---
"OH YA! Look at ya! Talkin all dat good **** a second ago! Then you got KICKED IN YO CHEST!" -Col. Stinkmeaner
#17ZaishiPosted 9/24/2012 11:36:51 AM(edited)
Doesn't have anything to do with orange items. Greens can have augments too. The increase is very small, had one weapon with a 25 kill augment which after I completed the mod on it that did 15 physical damage over 5 seconds went up to 20 over 5 seconds. I'm not convinced that these aren't actually item penalties that you just have to kill things to remove. It's not very exciting or interesting at all.
#18Jiga35Posted 9/24/2012 11:37:32 AM
KiltyMcBagpipes posted...
How about a system like Disgaea? Where each item has a random dungeon in it, which you could go in and level through it.

That would be freakin' awesome!
---
There is a no more intolerant lot on earth than those who ramble on the most about tolerance. In the name of tolerance they have become the most intolerant.
#19theshovellerPosted 9/24/2012 11:40:02 AM
Zaishi posted...
Doesn't have anything to do with orange items. Greens can have augments too. The increase is very small, had one weapon with a 25 kill augment which after I completed the mod on it that did 15 physical damage over 5 seconds went up to 20 over 5 seconds. I'm not convinced that these aren't actually item penalties that you just have to kill things to remove. It's not very exciting or interesting at all.

Yup, found two bows with "kill 25 enemies to augment" effects. Think I found an orange knuckle that augments after killing 50 zombies, or something. Too bad I'm almost exclusively playing an Outlander solo, and an Engineer with some friends.
#20Succubus191Posted 9/24/2012 12:10:47 PM(edited)
I found that claw with the 50 zombie kills upgrade it. I have a before and after screen shot somewhere on imgur, let me go find it for people that want to see what kind of stat boosts it gives.

Before
http://imgur.com/zYORl

After
http://imgur.com/yXnr8

If you didn't look at the screenshots the upgraded one has 125 physical damage over 5 seconds and a 10% chance to raise a shadowling on kill.