Why is the loot system so terrible?

#11DamarasPosted 9/27/2012 3:08:36 PM
I don't find it bad at all. Sure, you find a lot of stuff you don't need, but.. Isn't that normal in games like this? o.o I also find plenty to use myself, but it's obvious you'll find more stuff you don't need, because there are three other classes that get drops.
#12SeikenZPosted 9/27/2012 3:14:33 PM
I think you're just unlucky, besides have you tried gambling? Anyways, I've found all sorts of useful stuff, be it for one or more characters. I plan on making at least 1 of each anyway.
#13FerretDruidPosted 9/27/2012 3:23:35 PM
Find stuff with one good modifier, and a couple sockets. Transmute all of your gems until you get useful ones (like mana regen, etc) and drop them into the sockets. Profit.
---
Bear with me... things are about to get grizzly!
Fox is HOT!
#14Stasis_SwordPosted 9/27/2012 3:55:47 PM
Two thoughts:
1). The choose your own quest reward concept is incredible compared to other ARPGs that give my wizard an axe.

2). I found more set items in 10 minutes of torchlight 2 than 50+ hours of Diablo 3. The unique/set gear was one of my favorite things about Diablo 2.

I'm not saying this loot system is perfect, but I'd call it better than average.
---
"That was pretty interesting. But dropping a warship on me is cheating... Take it back!" - Xenogears
#15KarmicDragon1Posted 9/27/2012 4:02:50 PM
Loving this, half of the people going "yeah this is typical ARPGs, you trade for better loot :D :D" I saw slamming Diablo 3 for the loot system.
---
My favourite D3 board posters: BonnabinTheDire, PenguinKoala ,TheJCBand, ChronoAce, GuyIncognito_, jake-sf, DAntiprodukt
#16Ice_ShieldPosted 9/27/2012 4:08:27 PM
KarmicDragon1 posted...
Loving this, half of the people going "yeah this is typical ARPGs, you trade for better loot :D :D" I saw slamming Diablo 3 for the loot system.

You better not be including me in that half, my loveable little Karmi <3
---
SNES FAQ Completion Project
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000094-faq-contributors-general/60384415
#17AtlantisRisingIPosted 9/27/2012 4:27:41 PM
I like the loot system.
I always play with my friend and we give each other class specific stuff and its fine.

Killing bosses over and over again keep dropping uniques tho...
---
Current games: Rift (PC), Darkspore(PC)
http://direct2drive.tellapal.com/a/clk/Trbc2 - D2D 15% off
#18blade6321Posted 9/27/2012 4:31:57 PM
KarmicDragon1 posted...

Blind Diablo hate and TL circle **** jerk? On this board?

Blasphemy!
---
"Kids these days huh? Can't live with them, cant chop them up into tiny pieces." -Mcbeth
-Crabdom Ambassador.
#19Slyster1181Posted 9/27/2012 4:34:25 PM
For the past 30 levels armors have been rolling pretty much the same low stats with even the uniques all being terrible. The only gear that has had a noticeable increase has been weapons and that just the DPS on them.

In short armors have been terrible for me and decent weapons have been few and far between. Not sure if that matters as armor and resistances dont seem to do anything anyway.

The stat rolls have been terrible. I was expecting the numbers to get a bit higher post 60 but its pretty much the same as it was in the 40s and heck I even have a couple sub level 30 items I still have because nothing has dropped.
#20Stasis_SwordPosted 9/27/2012 6:20:27 PM
blade6321 posted...
KarmicDragon1 posted...

Blind Diablo hate and TL circle **** jerk? On this board?

Blasphemy!

Its not "blind hate" if you have a reason. 50 hours of D3 with no uniques, no set items and devs saying its as intended is a valid complaint. Torchlight 2 is noticeably better, and I don't need to trade every few levels to survive. Just because they both have flaws doesn't mean they're equal.
---
"That was pretty interesting. But dropping a warship on me is cheating... Take it back!" - Xenogears