Is Veteran supposed to be this hard? Or does my gear just suck?

#1darkedge1212Posted 9/30/2012 10:28:42 AM
Are some mobs supposed to just 1-shot by act III or do I need better gear? It's getting to the point where it's not fun anymore
#2zavlinzPosted 9/30/2012 10:30:18 AM
what class? make sure youre using your sockets, and if theres a bunch of one dmg type being done (like poison), then socket your gear to protect against it.
#3darkedge1212(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2012 10:34:41 AM
I'm a 2-handed Berserker and my Vitality is 100 and all of my elemental resistances are 100+

I don't exactly get 1-hit killed, but if I stay still for more than a second in a group of enemies I do , or if I attack the same elite for more than a few seconds I'll get killed too. Just turns into leaping in a frenzy with shadow burst again and again.
#4darkedge1212(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2012 10:35:54 AM
I feel like the only way to make it work is to invest in a ton of life steal equipment, but that's kind of lame if that's the only way to make it through the game.
#5zavlinzPosted 9/30/2012 11:00:55 AM
are you fighting those mycon brute things? They put down a cloud of of poison that does a ton of damage, just move away from it and they'll come to you.
#6TriggerVIIPosted 9/30/2012 11:03:04 AM
Way too much dancing around doing meh damage as a Berserker. I got tired of it pretty fast.

Rerolled a sword/board elemental Engineer and a Cannon Engineer. Preeeeetty hilarious. I like the sword/board elemental one more, though. Fun factor, and not everyone runs it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/TriggerVII
XBL / Twitter: TriggerVII
#7Chaotic_AnarkiPosted 9/30/2012 6:40:33 PM
TriggerVII posted...
Way too much dancing around doing meh damage as a Berserker. I got tired of it pretty fast.

Rerolled a sword/board elemental Engineer and a Cannon Engineer. Preeeeetty hilarious. I like the sword/board elemental one more, though. Fun factor, and not everyone runs it.

If you had that many problems with the Berserker, it's a wonder you're able to play anything at all. The Berserker is faceroll easy, and there is no dancing around doing meh damage, even on Elite.
---
Rule 1. I am always right.
Rule 2. If in any case I appear wrong, refer to rule 1.