Is Veteran supposed to be this hard? Or does my gear just suck?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Torchlight II
  3. Is Veteran supposed to be this hard? Or does my gear just suck?
3 years ago#1
Are some mobs supposed to just 1-shot by act III or do I need better gear? It's getting to the point where it's not fun anymore
3 years ago#2
what class? make sure youre using your sockets, and if theres a bunch of one dmg type being done (like poison), then socket your gear to protect against it.
3 years ago#3
I'm a 2-handed Berserker and my Vitality is 100 and all of my elemental resistances are 100+

I don't exactly get 1-hit killed, but if I stay still for more than a second in a group of enemies I do , or if I attack the same elite for more than a few seconds I'll get killed too. Just turns into leaping in a frenzy with shadow burst again and again.
3 years ago#4
I feel like the only way to make it work is to invest in a ton of life steal equipment, but that's kind of lame if that's the only way to make it through the game.
3 years ago#5
are you fighting those mycon brute things? They put down a cloud of of poison that does a ton of damage, just move away from it and they'll come to you.
3 years ago#6
Way too much dancing around doing meh damage as a Berserker. I got tired of it pretty fast.

Rerolled a sword/board elemental Engineer and a Cannon Engineer. Preeeeetty hilarious. I like the sword/board elemental one more, though. Fun factor, and not everyone runs it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/TriggerVII
XBL / Twitter: TriggerVII
3 years ago#7
TriggerVII posted...
Way too much dancing around doing meh damage as a Berserker. I got tired of it pretty fast.

Rerolled a sword/board elemental Engineer and a Cannon Engineer. Preeeeetty hilarious. I like the sword/board elemental one more, though. Fun factor, and not everyone runs it.

If you had that many problems with the Berserker, it's a wonder you're able to play anything at all. The Berserker is faceroll easy, and there is no dancing around doing meh damage, even on Elite.
---
Rule 1. I am always right.
Rule 2. If in any case I appear wrong, refer to rule 1.
  1. Boards
  2. Torchlight II
  3. Is Veteran supposed to be this hard? Or does my gear just suck?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived