Character stat builds

#1Snow_Crash_Posted 9/30/2012 12:20:29 PM
I think for Embermages and Engineers, stat builds are rather straightforward, as they can afford to simply ignore STR and DEX respectively. So it's pretty easy to simply follow a 2/2/1 or 3/1/1 build. Or would you recommed using a 3/1/1 build until level 50 and then switching to a 2/2/1 build?

But how about dual-wielding Berserkers and Outlanders? Where do they stand on FOC? How important is Execute to these classes, does any kind of significant portion of their damage come from elemental sources? Is putting any points in FOC worth it for them?

Would you recommend ignoring FOC altogether, making a build as simple as for the other two classes, or if not, how would you recommend splitting the points?

2/1/1/1,with Berserkers focusing on DEX and Outlanders on STR?

2/2/1 and alternating FOC and VIT every level?

2/2/1 focusing on one stat until level 50 and then switching to the other?
---
"There is not enough faith in the world to make people love each other - only enough to make them hate each other." Louis Cypher
#2PijinzPosted 9/30/2012 12:33:21 PM
Depends on the abilities you're building for. Something like Rapid Fire is listed as a percentage of weapon damage so that it is buffed by Strength, while Glaive Throw is a specific amount of poison damage so that it is buffed by Focus.
#3Sain_of_CaelinPosted 9/30/2012 1:20:18 PM
On DPS focused characters DEX has diminishing returns at around 104. That's all I've seen definitively on builds.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/sainthegoo
PSN: KiwiTheGoo
#4Ether_StrikePosted 9/30/2012 1:34:17 PM
pump str or focus almost exclusive depending on the class and skill build

thats it
---
~SK
When I am taken, all my memories will fade, crowded out by eternal suffering.~Benjamin "Yahtzee" Croshaw
#5Snow_Crash_(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2012 2:24:13 PM
I dunno about that, I reckon that DEX is pretty important for a Berserker, for example.
---
"There is not enough faith in the world to make people love each other - only enough to make them hate each other." Louis Cypher
#6Ether_StrikePosted 9/30/2012 4:29:35 PM
dex scales into nothingness after like 100 points, and you will get that much from gear as a beserker
---
~SK
When I am taken, all my memories will fade, crowded out by eternal suffering.~Benjamin "Yahtzee" Croshaw
#7Chaotic_AnarkiPosted 9/30/2012 5:22:19 PM
Snow_Crash_ posted...
I dunno about that, I reckon that DEX is pretty important for a Berserker, for example.

Then you "dunno" anything about berserkers, due to the fact that your charge ability turns your attacks into auto crits, even a single point dropped into dex is completely and utterly wasted. Any points spent in Vitality are also a waste, as you won't ever be blocking, and even with an unattainable 1000+ vitality, you'd still get 1 shot in NG+5

You put every point into Strength, end of story.
---
Rule 1. I am always right.
Rule 2. If in any case I appear wrong, refer to rule 1.
#8Sain_of_CaelinPosted 9/30/2012 5:24:50 PM
There is some utility to Dex as a Beserker. It ups his non charge DPS, gives him minor survivability through dodging and allows him to crit heal outside of charge. It'll also help you equip claws earlier. It's not as helpful as most would assume, but it's not without merit.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/sainthegoo
PSN: KiwiTheGoo
#9AtelierCorvusPosted 9/30/2012 7:09:58 PM
Chaotic_Anarki posted...
Snow_Crash_ posted...

Then you "dunno" anything about berserkers, due to the fact that your charge ability turns your attacks into auto crits, even a single point dropped into dex is completely and utterly wasted. Any points spent in Vitality are also a waste, as you won't ever be blocking, and even with an unattainable 1000+ vitality, you'd still get 1 shot in NG+5

I'm suprised you "dunno" that in multiplayer charge builds MUCH slower. But hey, I'm sure you can ask the rest of the group to wait and let you get some hits in so your build clicks over from deadweight to carry.
#10Chaotic_AnarkiPosted 9/30/2012 10:52:13 PM
AtelierCorvus posted...
Chaotic_Anarki posted...
Snow_Crash_ posted...

I'm suprised you "dunno" that in multiplayer charge builds MUCH slower. But hey, I'm sure you can ask the rest of the group to wait and let you get some hits in so your build clicks over from deadweight to carry.

Yes, because the wasted points you put into dex, to boost your crit rate a minor degree, having an unnoticable effect on your dps, is a much better idea. No. If you're going to put points into dex as a berserker, you may as well put them into focus, because that's how useful it is compared to strength. No amount of vitality will save you.

If you're having trouble with your charge rate being slow in multiplayer, then maybe you need to re-evaluate your choices. I personally don't have a problem, and I am even playing on HC.
---
Rule 1. I am always right.
Rule 2. If in any case I appear wrong, refer to rule 1.