Berserker Hardcore builds? (Elite)

#11thePJPosted 10/10/2012 6:56:41 AM
I'm more afraid of getting killed by traps then everything else
Far most those fireball traps are instant killers and lightning which bounced off walls is also a killer.
Played some beserker on Elite hardcore mode and it will kill me eventually :s
Build doesn't matter
---
*** Playing Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2 atm. ***
#12NewuserPosted 10/11/2012 12:18:53 AM
http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=35143

Probably the best, quite a fun built although it takes a while for it to show its brokenness.
---
I'm going to ****ing rip your throat out if you wake me up again. And if you touch the poster, I'll slap you across the face with your own esophogus
#13llaW_EnotsPosted 10/11/2012 5:16:12 AM
Newuser posted...
http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=35143

Probably the best, quite a fun built although it takes a while for it to show its brokenness.

this is handy

STATS -> Your point distribution is going to be highly dependent upon your priorities. I recommend the balanced approach for a combination of damage and survivability. If you can't survive a fight, your DPS is 0, no matter how much crit/max damage you have.
For the most balanced results, raise STR, DEX, and VIT evenly. Put points into FOC occasionally, but do not prioritize it, as execute is useless for shield bearers.

---
Download the Torch Light 1 demo: http://www.torchlightgame.com/download/#demo
#14AoENIACPosted 10/11/2012 1:28:11 PM(edited)
This is interesting to me though, I want to make an Elite HC Zerker too. Let's brainstorm. Maybe make a BOW-Zerker and focus on skills that don't require a melee weapon?

I'm thinking...

Either start out with Frost Breath or try to save skill points until level 7.

Grab Howl then and pump that up.

Wolf Shade might also be useful but it IS Elite so I don't expect it to tank for much. Still, any distractions besides your pet are welcome. That's at least one elite crit that doesn't hit you.

Get a point in Savage Rush as soon as you can for a reliable movement speed bonus. With one point it should be cheaper to channel than maxed out and I don't think we're going to be ramming enemies very often with a ranged build, let alone on Elite where it means braving the enemies' melee attacks.

Storm Hatchet is a nice shield breaker and is a ranged skill that works with any weapon. Why not? Lots of points since we're unable to take all the great Berserker melee skills.

Northern Rage is also nice and the freeze can help you kite. Sounds good. The way it sort of shoots splinters seems better than Permafrost to me, but Permafrost might still be a good "oh ****" move to help escape. How 'bout both?

Ice Shield seems like a good idea to protect yourself from ranged attacks.

Frenzy Mastery appears to work with any weapon, should be nice since we're going to be auto-attacking a lot.

Red Wolf doesn't say it requires melee range but I've heard mixed reports on that but if it does work from long range then it's good. If not, maybe Battle Standard or something? I dunno.

Wolf Pack is a solid ranged attack, can't really go wrong with that.

Wait that's too many skills to max them all out now, well that's okay we'll figure out some sort of balance.

Thoughts?

EDIT:
thePJ posted...
I'm more afraid of getting killed by traps then everything else
Far most those fireball traps are instant killers and lightning which bounced off walls is also a killer.
Played some beserker on Elite hardcore mode and it will kill me eventually :s
Build doesn't matter

I know right? Who wants to stack elemental resistance just to open a chest? They should make it so that shift clicking a chest with your pet up makes the pet open it so that you can run away easier if it's trapped.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#15IcyBrilliancePosted 10/11/2012 2:01:12 PM
Shadow Burst away from traps. I don't remember the last time one hit me if I didn't want it too.

Battle Standard is pretty much a must in my opinion. Either for the knockback resistance if your getting in close or for the mana regen if your spamming spells if not both. It also provides a little extra survivability by giving extra dodge rate (+24% at 5 points) and increased charge.
#16KOTRsssPosted 10/11/2012 2:44:42 PM
Storm hatchet. Lets you stay at range, builds charge quickly. Allows you to focus on strength and not worry about dex.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#17AoENIACPosted 10/11/2012 11:12:12 PM
Man, this is probably the origin of the Wandzerker. I don't know why I even suggested Bowzerker in the first place. Probably because it sounds cooler.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#18SKA_Posted 10/12/2012 3:07:17 AM
tundra berserkers have the same advantages of outlanders and embermages.
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest