Is my Outlander build viable?

#1ferdk16Posted 10/6/2012 7:25:53 PM
Hey guys just got into this game and I don't really have much experience in this genre, so I wanted to ask if the idea I have for my outlander is viable. Also take in mind I don't want to use that Glaive OP ability (and reading the patch it seems it got nerfed too).

So what I was thinking is maxing

-Rapid Fire, Venomous Hail, Long Range Mastery
-Dodge Mastery, Poison Burst, Share The Wealth
-Master of the Elements

That's 105 points spent, I get 132 right? So I can max one more and get another one to 12. I'm thinking of Akimbo and Stone Pact, or if I decide to use Shotgonnes well, that one instead of Akimbo (though according to the patch the abilities that benefited from their high damage got nerfed to use dps instead, so...)

So is this somewhat functional? I'm not too worried about a completely perfect build or anything, but I don't want to completely screw my character either.

Oh btw, how rare are those respec potions? I already blew a point on Tangling Shot and I don't like it -.- (too late to respec it in town, sadly)
---
Latest cover: Hot Metal (Megaman 2 Medley) ft. Laura Shigihara [HD]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98OR-6ZNt5w
#2synthetiksinPosted 10/6/2012 7:46:42 PM
Not enough glaive toss. Believe me, it's the one thing from keeping the outlander from being a mediocre class.
#3cluecatPosted 10/6/2012 10:40:18 PM
Rapid fire and venomous hail are both good, shotgonning rapid fire builds are one of the few viable builds right now.
#4ZethPosted 10/6/2012 10:44:02 PM
Rapid fire and venomous hail are both good, shotgonning rapid fire builds are one of the few viable builds right now.

Shotgun is no longer the weapon to use with Rapid Fire and Venomous Hail because those two skills no longer rely on weapon damage but weapon DPS, post-patch. Akimbo pistols or pistol & shield is the way to go with RF/VH builds.
---
"Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
#5SKA_Posted 10/6/2012 10:53:21 PM
chaos burst is superior to rapid fire now
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest
#6NewuserPosted 10/7/2012 2:49:08 AM
-Repulsion Hex and Stone Pact is mandatory for any outlander built
-Your built is ok but be warned that you will die a lot of times and pull your hair out at the lvl 30-40 part of the game. That part is where rapid fire dependent builts gets murdered by archers
-You might want to consider getting rid of Poison Burst and getting a few points on Cursed daggers. The speed boast + damage reduction is always nice.
---
I'm going to ****ing rip your throat out if you wake me up again. And if you touch the poster, I'll slap you across the face with your own esophogus
#7Peltar94Posted 10/7/2012 3:02:13 AM
I am playing a shotgun build...and stone pact seems like a must, I'm only playing on normal and it is saving me on more than one occasion. I also am regretting venomous hail just because in the frantic pace of the game it is difficult to get it to hit the right monster with them all running around.

Not sure what else to recommend....I am going more with shadowlings and the brute in my build.
#8Crimson681Posted 10/7/2012 3:29:12 AM
Go with Glaive toss, Cursed Daggers, Elemental Mastery, Dodge Mastery, Repulsion Hex, and Stone Pact, share the wealth. As for weapons, I use 2 Suicide wands, they are only level 30 but have +20% to all damage, and 1 slot. For a non-weapon DPS build its one of the best 1h weapons in the game. I still use it on my level 100 embermage.

It not as powerful as a Prismatic bolt + hailstorm embermage but it takes out the trash pretty well.
#9ferdk16(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 6:17:32 AM
So Glaive Throw is still OP after being nerfed? I'm still not sold on going that way honestly. I'd rather shoot stuff with my shooter :P

But I'm considering introducing Repulsion Hex on my build. Dunno where to fit it though. Maybe I'll have to drop Poison Burst
---
Latest cover: Hot Metal (Megaman 2 Medley) ft. Laura Shigihara [HD]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98OR-6ZNt5w