For Berserker, what skills have you been putting points in?

#1RawePosted 10/8/2012 6:13:41 AM
Also, 2H is better for engineer, correct?
---
PS3 - Wii - 360 - PSP - PC Gamer
Intel i5-2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Rev - EVGA GTX 570 - 8GB G.SKILL RipJaws X DDR3 1600MHZ
#2Njp1589Posted 10/8/2012 7:40:30 AM
Rawe posted...

2H Synergizes well with heavy lifting and a few other skills, but 1H+Shield is pretty viable too.

For my Zerker, I've invested 5 points in the following; Eviscerate, Battle Rage, Blood Hunger, Executioner, Rage Retaliation, Shadow Burst, Frenzy Mastery, Shred Armor, and Red Wolf. I have one point in Rampage, which will probably be as high as I go.

I wouldn't invest in eviscerate again, as Raze is decidedly better but I'm waiting for the mod tools so I can add in a respec potion. Also, most people will tell you stormclaw is better than red wolf in most zerker builds because red wolf scales off of focus. Shadowbind and chain snare are also excellent, but I'm still looking at how to add them to my build. Most elite players also feel that blood hunger is a one-point-wonder since it's a heal over 1 second rather than an instant recovery like other lifesteals.
---
WARNING: I am a mediocre gamer. Don't take what I say too seriously.
PSN: njp1589, Steam: njp1589
#3AtelierCorvusPosted 10/8/2012 8:40:38 AM
if you turn on the console and type "RESPECPOTION; it spawns a potion that refunds all your SP. No this does not flag you. I've done it with four different characters and I have never shown up as flagged with the people I regularly play with.

So a Respec potion already exists, what you would be waiting for is someone to add it to a merchant's inventory.

Like I said though, no flag for RESPECPOTION use.
#4Njp1589Posted 10/8/2012 9:04:20 AM
AtelierCorvus posted...
if you turn on the console and type "RESPECPOTION; it spawns a potion that refunds all your SP. No this does not flag you. I've done it with four different characters and I have never shown up as flagged with the people I regularly play with.

So a Respec potion already exists, what you would be waiting for is someone to add it to a merchant's inventory.

Like I said though, no flag for RESPECPOTION use.

I'm about ready to do it. Eviscerate is just plain disappointing at this point. Not bad... Just not worth using when compared to the damage my autoattacks deal. I'm also starting to see why shadowbind and chain snare are so popular; kiting enemies are a MASSIVE pain.
---
WARNING: I am a mediocre gamer. Don't take what I say too seriously.
PSN: njp1589, Steam: njp1589
#5BleuPosted 10/8/2012 9:27:50 AM
well, it depends on what difficulty you're in. This is my take for Elite:

on Hunter tree:
- 1 pt in Blood Hunger (MUST)
- at least 5 pts in B rage (raise dps and reduce damage)
- If you use dual wield, Max Execution
- Howl is another nice skill ( put at least 5 pts or max if you like)
- for Highest DPS max Raze, for Superb AoE max Ravage
- Bonus skills : 1 pt Rampage if you like

on Tundra tree:
- 10 pts in Ice Shield (unless you want to be instakilled by ranged enemies; Max this ASAP)
- IF you play Ice:
15 Cold steel mastery
at least 1 Shatter storm
- Storm claw is very helpful for AoE ( 1pt is enough or you can put 5 pts for more chain lightning)

on Shadow tree:
- Shadow Burst: (3 options)
1 pt >>> just for escaping / repositioning
5 pts >> For healing and a bit AoE for small mobile enemies
15 pts > Shield breaking and better AoE
- Wolf Shade >> max this one, It hits hard and heals you. it'll last 1 minute if maxed
- B. Standard >> at least 5 points (max this if you're planning on using active skills)
- Shred armor >> MAX this! not only it reduce enemies armor but it also raise yours while doing it
- Bonus skill >> Red wolf (1 pt wonder)

well, hope that helps
---
PSN: ReinBleu2nd
#6Rawe(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 10:09:18 AM
Thanks bleu. Can that be effective if I use 2h? Minus execution? Also of i go 2h, i want 3/2 Strength/Focus right?
---
PS3 - Wii - 360 - PSP - PC Gamer
Intel i5-2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Rev - EVGA GTX 570 - 8GB G.SKILL RipJaws X DDR3 1600MHZ
#7BleuPosted 10/8/2012 7:49:43 PM
Rawe posted...
Thanks bleu. Can that be effective if I use 2h? Minus execution? Also of i go 2h, i want 3/2 Strength/Focus right?

well, here's the deal:
for elite zerk ASpd matters a lot, the only thing keep my Zerk alive is hp leech on hit (40% w/ full feral set). If you want to play 2h (which is slow) here's how i think it will be viable:

1. focus on active skills, I suggest you get both Raze and Ravage so you can clear the enemies and bosses ASAP, especially if you're using 2h (higher weapon dps then 1h)

2. get some ranged skill option, there will be some enemies you don't want to be close to. (because of your ASpd is low, they'll kill you w/ their suicide atk before you can swing) Storm hatchet is very nice for that. it reaches far, thrown 3 in a row, and fills charge bar FAST.

3. If you don't want to raise any vit make sure you get some HP+ enchant/ gem on your armor so you can survive longer. Even better if you can farm for EYES OF GRELL socketalble (reduce all dmg by 3%) I use 7 of them on my Feral sets and never look back
---
PSN: ReinBleu2nd
#8NewuserPosted 10/8/2012 8:42:36 PM
Rawe posted...

At Elite any built without a shield is at a massive disadvantage, a melee built without a shield is near suicidal. The extra block chance, chance to deflect missiles and extra armor is just far more valuable than what 2H weapons can give.
---
I'm going to ****ing rip your throat out if you wake me up again. And if you touch the poster, I'll slap you across the face with your own esophogus
#9chaoslordisgoodPosted 10/8/2012 10:01:08 PM
Newuser posted...
Rawe posted...

At Elite any built without a shield is at a massive disadvantage, a melee built without a shield is near suicidal. The extra block chance, chance to deflect missiles and extra armor is just far more valuable than what 2H weapons can give.

This is very true. I am amazed at the difference a shield makes on my berserker after playing a 2hander engie. It's night and day really.
---
Lik-Sang was a criminal organization - C4111
#10SKA_Posted 10/8/2012 11:12:34 PM
there are viable melee builds for berserker for elite, but tundra builds are so much better for survivability. NG2 and beyond will be frustrating, tundra builds allows you to keep your distance.
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest