Dangan Ronpa: the Animation

#21KonariPosted 7/15/2013 3:27:56 PM
I've watched both the first and second episode as they have come out (subbed), and here are my personal thoughts on it:

First and foremost, I'm loving it. I expected something similar to what P4Ani had, where it was the general storyline of the game (albeit with some minute changes here and there, detail-wise), and that is what I have been getting. Also really love the fact that the opening cutscene in Episode 01 and the character introduction scenes mimicked the game spot-on. And the fact that they're using tracks from the game, as well as using the time mechanics of the game (Day/Nighttime, Investigation Phase, adding Ammo, etc.) is another major plus for me.

The opening animation that started in Episode 02 was definitely something I enjoyed listening to, and I would love to grab an MP3 of it later on. I also enjoyed the ending animation, and I'm guessing that as more students die, they will show up in the ending animation.

Detail-wise, there are a few hiccups; mainly, how did Naegi already get the gilded sword in his room? It's not a detail that I expect them to actually explain, but I can overlook it. I'm hoping that when it comes time for the actual Nonstop Debates and whatnot, more game mechanics will be introduced, such as "shooting down" an argument or Epiphany Anagram.

Last but not least, I'd better hear a "Sore chigau yo!" from Naegi. :P
---
PSPo2 Character: Antonio, Level 200
19 Hunter (Current) / 30 Ranger / 06 Force / 30 Vanguard
#2228jfjPosted 7/15/2013 4:17:49 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing the Machinegun Talk Battle's and the Climax Logic, I'm hoping that they keep the edgy comic style for those.
I'm wondering how the Endless Debate's would be presented also since well there is a lot of talking involved and I wonder if they at least put in some of the sped-up dialogue, I found them pretty hilarious in game.

Also I just realized (I forgot if this happened in game or not) but since Fukawa fainted at seeing the corpse, shouldn't Genocider Shou have come out?
---
The truth of the world is beyond the realm of common sense
#23megaorpheusPosted 7/15/2013 4:27:34 PM(edited)
28jfj posted...
I'm looking forward to seeing the Machinegun Talk Battle's and the Climax Logic, I'm hoping that they keep the edgy comic style for those.
I'm wondering how the Endless Debate's would be presented also since well there is a lot of talking involved and I wonder if they at least put in some of the sped-up dialogue, I found them pretty hilarious in game.

Also I just realized (I forgot if this happened in game or not) but since Fukawa fainted at seeing the corpse, shouldn't Genocider Shou have come out?

I hope they'll keep the spinning camera thingy during endless debate though instead of the usual "scene change", so we can still get the real-time feels of the endless debate
that's gonna be awesome
---
"Well, It's the Black "Waltz," right? You think there'd be three, right?", ~Zidane Tribal, FF IX~
#24Daisuke_NagasePosted 7/16/2013 10:07:31 AM
The sight of Monokuma dancing suggestively in the opening always amuses me for some reason.
#25SigmaSlashPosted 7/16/2013 7:27:52 PM
28jfj posted...

I'm fairly certain that she faints at another point in-game and nothing happens.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMnhk26J1bM (Proof that Superman and Sephiroth are one and the same.)
#26C001Posted 7/26/2013 10:33:30 PM
Sanjima_Ryuku posted...
Just finished watching ep 1. The anime is pretty close to the game, but I feel they are rushing it too fast, and some details important for investigation later got glossed over. First ep and I already have bad impression with the show, hopefully later eps will fix this somehow. :\

I'm feeling the same way, but with only 13 episodes planned, there's not much they can do about it.

If this game seems to do well animated, and they get the greenlight to animate the sequel, hopefully they'll be given more episodes to work with so they can flesh out the characters and settings more.

Aside from that though, the anime looks to have retained a lot of the style and charm the game had.
---
*Recaps post*
#27Shadow_Master_TPosted 7/27/2013 7:16:40 AM
It's a good thing I played the game this week... chapter 4 was really rushed. Though I think they managed to cover everything except for the contents of the letter and something that's a dead giveaway about "Genocider Syo", so that's quite a feat...
---
"Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."
-Bender, Futurama.
#28twinslashPosted 7/27/2013 1:55:58 PM
Shadow_Master_T posted...
It's a good thing I played the game this week... chapter 4 was really rushed. Though I think they managed to cover everything except for the contents of the letter and something that's a dead giveaway about "Genocider Syo", so that's quite a feat...

Glad I recently played the game too, the show is good, but the game was so much more enjoyable. Although I prefer the games translation of Genocider Shou instead of Syo (although they're apparently pronounced the same, as an English speaker Shou is more visually appealing to the eyes than Syo imo.)
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Elementastic/advanced
#29Shadow_Master_TPosted 7/28/2013 7:16:10 AM
^Agreed. Plus, it's a surprisingly great localization for a fan-translation, even switching X-O and bringing up an English menu when pressing the home button, not to mention all the little jokes and references (My favorite is probably the reference to 999).
NISA has a lot of work cut up to them if they intend to surpass this...
---
"Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."
-Bender, Futurama.
#30Daisuke_NagasePosted 7/28/2013 9:56:39 PM
Shadow_Master_T posted...
(My favorite is probably the reference to 999).

Which one? I didn't notice the reference.