NISA licenses Dangan-Ronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc for Vita

#1tcaz2Posted 7/6/2013 4:49:36 PM(edited)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-07-06/nisa-licenses-danganronpa-demon-gaze-games-in-west

Apparently it is only the first game and not the second, despite the only Vita release coming out in October in Japan containing both.

Also no word if the School Mode will be in it or not yet.
#2SuperPunx64Posted 7/6/2013 5:31:00 PM
I'm hopeful that this is FINALLY getting a release but im feeling despair that we dont get SDR2 as well but hope full again cause maybe if DR1 does good it will come sooner but despair that I will still have to wait....oh god I'm stuck in a loop, someone help me!
---
THE EARTH WAS STOLEN!.
3DS: 1418-6790-0913 (Reg)
#3JRaasinPosted 7/6/2013 10:24:47 PM
What's School Mode?
---
http://i.imgur.com/XWSrF2w.gif
#4tcaz2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 10:34:28 PM
What's School Mode?

AU dating sim-ish thing with the characters not trying to kill each other.

Was being added in to the Vita release for the first game (2nd game already has one)
#5Ikilluha1Posted 7/6/2013 10:54:00 PM(edited)
So I'm guessing NISA bought the translation?

It seems highly probable since the translation was just released.
---
The official Mara of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#6tcaz2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 10:57:41 PM
So I'm guessing NISA bought the translation?

It seems highly probable since the translation was just released.

No, the Project Zetsubou guys had this come as a total surprise to them.

What's really weird is that they never received a C&D either. I wonder why NISA would let the fan translation come out literally RIGHT before announcing their licensing of it?
#7SumologyPosted 7/7/2013 5:10:42 AM
My guess is that NISA, and maybe a few other companies, have been watching the game's fan translation project the whole time. It might be that they were looking to see the reception of it and the overall fan base. It's a possibility, but then again, I don't have any grounds to support that, and it could just be all coincidence.

If they were to C&D it, I think it would have been done much earlier. C&Ding the project when it is near finished could leave bad publicity to NISA? I really don't know, but I sure am having fun with the tinfoil hat on me head!

Ahem... We'll just have to ask NISA ourselves.
#8OokamixKagePosted 7/7/2013 4:40:14 PM
I'll repost the message I put in the general vita DR official release announcement thread.

Don't know about the validity of the posts, not being around to know if this poster truly works at NISA/editor on games or not... Posted by user Houk on Neogaf http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=68753106&postcount=360

Heya, longtime lurker, basically first-time poster (haven't posted since 2006, holy crap).

Anyway, I'm the script editor on Dangan Ronpa and since I think it's super duper level awesome and I'm positively giddy that people are looking forward to it so much, I thought I'd throw out a couple quick things.

- The plan right now is to have dual audio, so unless something crazy happens, that should be set.

- We're working on casting right now. Yes we're taking it very seriously, and yes some of these characters are a very big pain in the butt to try and find the right actor.

- We were/are aware of the fan translation, but we determined pretty early on that for a number of reasons, doing everything in-house was the way for us to go. I don't think I can really get more specific than that.

- I don't know what the timeline looks like, but it will be coming to Europe.

- I can't say anything about physical/digital cuz we haven't started working on that, but if you look at our history, pretty much the only things that have been digital are later PSP titles (with the exception of Clan of Champions, which...yeah).

- I can't really say anything about the sequel either, but I can say that everyone should buy copies of Dangan 1 for all their friends and family.

- With how much exposure the story already has, I'm sure our version will disappoint a few people no matter what we do, but everyone working on the game is super pumped about it and we hope our effort comes across, even for those who don't necessarily dig it.

If people have any other questions, I can do my best to answer, but no promises on that end!

There was also one about terminology not being finalized yet but that they'll "probably be going with something a little less of a mouthful than 'super duper high school level'."
#9Izaak234Posted 7/7/2013 9:58:24 PM
So the first game is coming out for the Vita in October but Japan only or is it going to be released in america?

Hope the anime gets mainstream so we can expect a faster localization.

btw, this reminds me of 999 and VLR , don't you think so too?
#10OokamixKagePosted 7/7/2013 10:16:37 PM
Izaak234 posted...
So the first game is coming out for the Vita in October but Japan only or is it going to be released in america?

Hope the anime gets mainstream so we can expect a faster localization.

btw, this reminds me of 999 and VLR , don't you think so too?

America is getting (most likely) the Vita version of the first game. If not it'd just be a port of the PSP game to the Vita. The editor that posted in Neogaf wasn't actually sure if the "island" mode or daily high school mode that is included in Reload would be in the localization.

Post stating it
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=68778551&postcount=381