Which twist in this game that you can see from miles away?(spoiler obviously)

#1Daisuke_NagasePosted 7/7/2013 11:53:43 PM
I, for one, could see that there's something strange with what 'Junko' said before she died. So I figured that she would become important later on.
How about you guys? Was there a moment in the game when you go 'Aha! I was right!'?
#2PentaoPosted 7/8/2013 12:08:59 AM
I don't have spoiler tags on this so... in order of me speculating them:

0 - Something happened to the outside world to make staying in the facility a good idea (I got this idea namely from Virtue's Last Reward).
1 - Chihiro being male.
2 - Maizono wasn't as nice as she let on.
3 - How the entire first murder played out, sans who did it. (Honestly, up until the incinerator room, it felt like anyone could've been the murderer so long as they could overpower Maizono).
4 - Kirigiri being a detective.
5 - Togami having manipulated the crime scene.
6 - Not really miles away, but Celes being the murderer/true villain of case 3 was obvious when she led you around.
7 - Sakura killing herself.
---
"Religion keeps pressing B when we try to evolve." - pirategeorge"
[3DS FC: 1934-0673-9848 (Pentao)]
#3MasterChief646Posted 7/8/2013 3:29:23 AM
The Fukawa and Enoshima things, i didnt knew about the Chihiro thing, it was so obvious now that i see it
---
Lolicon and Trap Lover
#428jfjPosted 7/8/2013 4:12:47 AM
In no particular order,

•Fujisaki being male, to me it was obvious from the voice
•There was going to be a suicide case from being able to select the portraits (albeit I thought initially that Fujisaki killed himself by lifting a weight and dropping it on his head)
•Togami would not be a culprit, there was too much build-up that it was obvious he would do nothing
•All of the Victims besides the first and last
•Maizono was blatantly suspicious
•Fukawa being Genocider
•Anyone who the rest of the class initially suspects is never the culprit
---
The truth of the world is beyond the realm of common sense
#5T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 7/8/2013 5:41:19 AM
ITT: Bragging about obvious lies.
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
http://userstyles.org/styles/88555/gamefaqs-v13-revamp V13 Userstyle for a better site look
#6deathpapayaPosted 7/8/2013 6:02:07 AM
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...

Most of the game is very predictable if you're not brain dead.
---
Steam: Emophia PS3: Emophia Vita: Kitikat XBL: Genophia
#7T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 7/8/2013 6:03:59 AM
deathpapaya posted...
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...

Better keep lying. Don't want to appear brain dead to all the other brain dead lying people.
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
http://userstyles.org/styles/88555/gamefaqs-v13-revamp V13 Userstyle for a better site look
#8me813Posted 7/8/2013 6:10:43 AM
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...
deathpapaya posted...
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...

Better keep lying. Don't want to appear brain dead to all the other brain dead lying people.

Well then you must not read any mysteries or have any logical deduction. I thought as well that it wasn't too hard to figure out a lot of it. That being said, it was a great game.

INB4 Ninja just trolling.
#9DGM09Posted 7/8/2013 6:48:24 AM(edited)
have any logical deduction

Guessing or vague assumptions don't exactly qualify. The first reply was actually valid as it said speculating, but I'll use assume it didn't say that just for the sake of exemplifying:

0 - Something happened to the outside world to make staying in the facility a good idea.

Completely vague. This is also an assumption from very late game.

1 - Chihiro being male.

Fujisaki being male, to me it was obvious from the voice

Plenty of voice actors voice characters of opposite gender. A popular one is Al from Full Metal Alchemist, he's voiced by a woman.
Depends at which point the guess was made, as well.

2 - Maizono wasn't as nice as she let on.
•Maizono was blatantly suspicious

This one was more suspicious. That's like pointing out at any group of people and saying "This one's more suspicious because I saw her doing this", though.

4 - Kirigiri being a detective.

She investigates well, she has to be a detective (fully deduced!).

5 - Togami having manipulated the crime scene.

Depends on at what moment.

6 - Not really miles away, but Celes being the murderer/true villain of case 3 was obvious when she led you around.

This one she gave herself away and you can actually see it was her. The entire sequence of events and their motivations was hidden, though.

7 - Sakura killing herself.

This one had to be a suicide case, no matter what, so it's valid. However, it was only fully deducible after confirming the room was indeed a sealed room.

There was going to be a suicide case from being able to select the portraits (albeit I thought initially that Fujisaki killed himself by lifting a weight and dropping it on his head)

Except the portrait could've been used for pointing out Otaku boy in the trial before. Oops? Still a guess.

•All of the Victims besides the first and last

I think these people will die because of this and this.
Oh, look! I was right!

Fukawa being Genocider

Depends on at what point. Before that point it's, again, another guess. Particularly since more than one character has personality shifts.

Anyone who the rest of the class initially suspects is never the culprit

This is not a logical deduction. It's betting on a possible pattern.

There's deducible aspects about the game, but the vast majority are guesses and, even between the deducible portions, there's things that only come to light as the events unfold.
---
Bang.
#10NorseFTXPosted 7/8/2013 10:01:49 AM(edited)
The main things I noticed were:

-Enoshima / Mukuro switch (I realized this when they basically gave you the body count discrepancy when you first visit the bio lab--Mukuro's body was someone else's body. The fake nails and "multiple wounds" part in Monokuma's file helped. I had to check Junko's measurements against Mukuro's to confirm--and the measurements were indeed the same.)
-Sakura committing suicide was the first thing that came to mind when I saw her body
-Celes being the villain in 3rd, particularly when she was directing much of the group movement
-Kirigiri being a detective. Kind of. But only around Ch4 / Ch5 when she actively starts pulling you along for investigations. Beforehand I thought she was an assassin or something, with the way she had no problems groping dead bodies. And those gloves.

Things that I misread or was wrong about:

-I seriously thought Asahina was going to die when she had her in-bed CG thing at the start of Chapter 3.
-Chihiro is a GUY!? (Then again, I was surprised at Sakura being female. I thought at first she was the one cross dressing. *cough* Once that was dispelled, it didn't occur to me there'd be another one)
-Mondo being the killer in Case 2. I liked him ;-;
-The state of the headmaster.
-Yamada faking his death. I really had no idea at first how his corpse would be moved in Case 3.
-That the giant plant never ended up eating anyone or anything.
-Genocider = Fukawa
-I thought the pictures that Naegi found of the people who had been executed were actually showing a possibility that they were alive. ;-; Wishful thinking.