DLC aircraft

#1salex22Posted 1/15/2012 8:55:22 PM
Of the DLC fighters that are currently available which do you suggest? I don't intend to "rebuy" the game in DLC content but I cant resist the allure of some of the classic and deadly planes available. The planes I'm considering..

SU-37 terminator - I really like the SU-33 (just personal preference over the 35) and feel that this would just be the next level of ability. It's also nostalgic for me as ac4 is my favorite in the series and it would be cool to sport yellow 13's colors

F-15 Active- or whatever the name for it is now. This is actually my favorite plane, but I'm a little sceptical because the F15C is a little sluggish. Does this plane perform well?

Nosferatu- Is this plane even out I couldnt find it in the DLC section of the xbox marketplace? I think its cool and would be willing to try it out if it can compete with the SU-37

X-02- Loved this plane from ac4, I know its not out yet but I would be willing to wait for it if the other planes I mentioned aren't worth the money
---
grayburg
#2spammorebulletsPosted 1/16/2012 6:27:36 AM
The Nosferatu's bundled in a map pack so you'll end up having to pay 1200MSP for it. At least you'll get that Harrier too though. The EML in DFM is pretty much unfair, ADMMs are usable in multiplayer but they're not effective. Oh, and the Nosferatu now handles quite like Assault Horizon's Su-47.

As for the Su-37, it's almost like the Su-35 in game. Bit slower, slightly more maneuverable, though not quite the level past games had it as.

F-15S/MTD's very agile and it still has the speed that the F-15C/E variants have. Would say it's the only DLC plane I was really happy with buying.
---
GT: SMS SKULL 3
#3plasmaraptor92Posted 1/16/2012 8:36:26 AM
spammorebullets posted...
The Nosferatu's bundled in a map pack so you'll end up having to pay 1200MSP for it. At least you'll get that Harrier too though. The EML in DFM is pretty much unfair, ADMMs are usable in multiplayer but they're not effective. Oh, and the Nosferatu now handles quite like Assault Horizon's Su-47.

As for the Su-37, it's almost like the Su-35 in game. Bit slower, slightly more maneuverable, though not quite the level past games had it as.

F-15S/MTD's very agile and it still has the speed that the F-15C/E variants have. Would say it's the only DLC plane I was really happy with buying.

Nosferatu = one example of how strange real gets 'r done.
#4salex22(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2012 2:30:16 PM
Yea I discovered that last night as I went ahead and just bought the F-15S/MTD. I'm quite happy with the incredible speed and mobility. As others have said it's just a little annoying that I can't consistently use the planes online when people don't have the compatability packs. If I'm paying for it I want to be able to use it. Does anyone know the exact date for the X-02? I'm either going to get that or the Nosferatu if it comes out for separate purchase as my next DLC plane
---
grayburg
#5DRCEQPosted 1/16/2012 3:45:47 PM(edited)
The Su-37 Terminator isn't a significant improvement over the Su-35. In fact, It's weaker in some areas by a minimal margin and only stronger in others by a minimal margin as well. You could fly either one and wouldn't be able to tell much of a difference. However, there is still Yellow 13's paint scheme (though it's not as "yellow" as it is in AC4, 5 and Zero).

The ASF-X Shinden II is a fun plane but it offers nothing terribly special. It is a statistically good plane, but most of it's appeal is that it was designed by the co-creator of the Macross anime series. It does, however, have the exact same cockpit as the X-02 Wyvern. Don't know if they plan on releasing that for DLC, but they both have the same cockpit and weapons.

The Nosferatu has undergone a nerf in this game. It still has the same stats, and it still stalls whenever you lightly brush the decelerate button, but it's weapons are no longer super-overpowered. The ADMM can be used in multiplayer and free mission. The downside is that one flare is all it takes to prevent all 12 missiles from hitting one plane. On the other plus side, in Ace Combat 6, it took about 30 seconds for the ADMM to reload. In this game it only takes about 10, which is a good thing.

The EML isn't even worth using (at least not in free mission. I haven't tried it online yet.) Sure, it'll still take out most mooks in one shot, but it's not nearly as powerful overall as it was in the last game, mostly due to it's reload time. I intentionally tried to beat the Hurricane level by only using the EML, and it took me 3 shots to take out the PAK-FA (but it's a boss plane so that's suppose to happen anyway.) In the last game, it's reload time was almost instant. This time, it takes 30 seconds.

Despite it's weapons being brought more in line with the other weapons in this game, it's still a powerful plane to use in multiplayer. I was playing a Domination match last night. I joined in on the losing side halfway into the fight. The ADMM quickly turned the tide of battle. Just as long as you don't get engaged in DFM by anyone...

I never found any interest in the F15S/MTD, so I can't say how good it is.
---
Meowahaha! Madness, Genius, the only difference between them is success! - Taokaka, Blaz Blue Continuum Shift
#6plasmaraptor92Posted 1/16/2012 6:28:13 PM
DRCEQ posted...
The Su-37 Terminator isn't a significant improvement over the Su-35. In fact, It's weaker in some areas by a minimal margin and only stronger in others by a minimal margin as well. You could fly either one and wouldn't be able to tell much of a difference. However, there is still Yellow 13's paint scheme (though it's not as "yellow" as it is in AC4, 5 and Zero).

The ASF-X Shinden II is a fun plane but it offers nothing terribly special. It is a statistically good plane, but most of it's appeal is that it was designed by the co-creator of the Macross anime series. It does, however, have the exact same cockpit as the X-02 Wyvern. Don't know if they plan on releasing that for DLC, but they both have the same cockpit and weapons.

The Nosferatu has undergone a nerf in this game. It still has the same stats, and it still stalls whenever you lightly brush the decelerate button, but it's weapons are no longer super-overpowered. The ADMM can be used in multiplayer and free mission. The downside is that one flare is all it takes to prevent all 12 missiles from hitting one plane. On the other plus side, in Ace Combat 6, it took about 30 seconds for the ADMM to reload. In this game it only takes about 10, which is a good thing.

The EML isn't even worth using (at least not in free mission. I haven't tried it online yet.) Sure, it'll still take out most mooks in one shot, but it's not nearly as powerful overall as it was in the last game, mostly due to it's reload time. I intentionally tried to beat the Hurricane level by only using the EML, and it took me 3 shots to take out the PAK-FA (but it's a boss plane so that's suppose to happen anyway.) In the last game, it's reload time was almost instant. This time, it takes 30 seconds.

Despite it's weapons being brought more in line with the other weapons in this game, it's still a powerful plane to use in multiplayer. I was playing a Domination match last night. I joined in on the losing side halfway into the fight. The ADMM quickly turned the tide of battle. Just as long as you don't get engaged in DFM by anyone...

I never found any interest in the F15S/MTD, so I can't say how good it is.

So weaker ADMM but shorter reload time? Where can I get me one of those lol.
#7ZaitochPosted 1/17/2012 9:32:51 PM
Only DLC aircraft I'm seeing in Canada is the Shiden 2 plane I was hoping to get the CFA44 as DLC since it was fun to use in AC6 but not fun to stall lol
#8DRCEQPosted 1/18/2012 3:02:07 PM
I checked the wiki last night. The X-02 Wyvern will NOT be in this game. The Shinden II will have to be your replacement for it. The only remaining aircraft that haven't been released yet is another Russian helicopter.
---
Meowahaha! Madness, Genius, the only difference between them is success! - Taokaka, Blaz Blue Continuum Shift
Motoko Kusanagi is my goddess!
#9Coren_LarkenPosted 1/18/2012 3:21:12 PM
Are you sure? I saw that DLC trailor that had both the helo and the YF-23. Can't remember the name of the trailor though...
#10Coren_LarkenPosted 1/18/2012 3:25:46 PM
Coren_Larken posted...
Are you sure? I saw that DLC trailor that had both the helo and the YF-23. Can't remember the name of the trailor though...

...well I thought it had the helo...it doesn't. But it does have the YF-23 Black Widow II. Also it ends with "More post-launch DLC coming soon"
Just an FYI.