One thing about this game is starting to piss me off.

#1Face_LostPosted 12/31/2012 11:01:44 PM
I have a shop full of items, but sometimes, everyone comes in and asks me for something specific, but their budget is a F****** SHOE LACE. I can't sell anything to these morons because they can't even buy things at 80% of the base price when they ask for you to pick an item for them.

When you see like 20 people walk into your shop, your hopes get up because you think you might actually sell some of your things, but no. What happens instead is that everyone want to sell their nasty f****** food they found on the ground to you or they ask for things when they have a budget of about 5 dollars, and at the end of the day, you haven't sold a single thing.

This little girl b**** comes in and asks for a book. Where do you even get books ffs? I found a 2000 dollar book, but the only books she buys are ones from the market that cost about 200 pix. You can't buy the slightly more expensive 900 pix books because of her garbage budget, and you shouldn't have to stock your store with crap from the market.
---
Trolling: The act of expressing an opinion.
#2FaPaThYPosted 1/1/2013 12:28:25 AM(edited)
I assume you're new to the game and just started, yes? You have to 'build up' their trust/spending budget over time through successful transactions before they'll start throwing pix at you. Except the little girl. She stays pretty stingy the entire game. Her budget at the start is literally only like 600pix, so ya.

Early game is basically building up your rep with each customer and your merchant level at almost all costs by chaining your Just Combo as high for as high and long as you can by selling items without them *****ing about the price or haggling.

And you do, in fact, have to stock your store up with items from the market for the majority of you inventory. That's one of the reason's why you want to build up your merchant level fast, so you can unlock the higher priced items to buy and resell.
---
"Because I realize I want you. Guts." | "....... Are you a ****?"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Malicii/
#3SethanPosted 1/6/2013 9:28:18 PM
. . . you're going to hate trying to gear up your adventurers by selling them the equipment rather than taking it with you. Louie, I'm looking at you, buddy.

A worthy note from my playing - *IF* a customer brings something to the counter they are interested in buying they will always be able to cover at least the market price. If they request an item, it is possible to offer one too expensive. Once you unlock advance orders, try to keep cheap things on hand to avoid overshooting the budget of your customers.

. . . also, don't feel bad about gouging Alouette. She can afford quite a bit.

Oh, and one final note. Do not go near the Town Square in daylight once you break six figures on your first game. Just don't.
---
"When you appear to be doing nothing at all, you're doing it right."
#4lockhart86Posted 1/16/2013 5:09:41 AM
FaPaThY posted...
Except the little girl. She stays pretty stingy the entire game. Her budget at the start is literally only like 600pix, so ya.

It makes sense that a little kid has a little budget :P
---
Currently playing ~ Mass Effect