How much should I charge?

#1MasterLLPosted 1/4/2013 5:56:55 AM
I noticed that when they "Looking For" an "weapon/hat/etc" I can't charge them as much as if they just found it on the shelf (even if it is "High Price")

So exactly how much markup % should I go then if its a normal or high-price (pink/red) sale?

For example:

{Man if he...}
Normal Buy = 125%
High Price Buy = 250%
Selling = 40%

Order Buy = ?
Order "High Price" Buy = ?
Looking For Buy = ?
Looking For "High Price" Buy = ?
---
Playing: ??? | Want: Ni no Kuni, Atelier Ayesha, Dragon's Crown, MG:Rising
http://www.youtube.com/MasterLL
#2legendarylemurPosted 1/4/2013 2:35:37 PM
I personally didn't notice any difference between asking for a weapon, etc. and simply selling the ones on the showcase. It could be that you don't have enough trust with them. You gotta start selling some cheaper items at a much lower percentage before they buy high end items from you at a high percentage. Be warned though, as some of the newer people that visit your store tend to have very little fund to start off, so even if they like you, there's a strict limit on how much they can spend on you.

How much of this game are you gonna upload to youtube anyways? I just recently finished the game. Had to go on loop 2 though, but I broke a million before the last payment date :D. Gotta love the guild master, that's all I'm gonna say.
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
Official official. Officially
#3MasterLL(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 2:49:12 PM
Probably upload till I get the cardbox ending so I can archive how well I did on my first try.
Really fun though, Recette is adorable.

As for the markup, that example was with the man.. and I generally have him pay 125% without fail. BUT when it was something like "Do you have a hat?" and I do.. I can't even sell it at 125%.. and again at 110% which he then just leaves.

You do have a point about them might not have fund... so that could be a problem... not sure myself.
---
#4legendarylemurPosted 1/4/2013 2:52:04 PM
MasterLL posted...
Probably upload till I get the cardbox ending so I can archive how well I did on my first try.
Really fun though, Recette is adorable.

As for the markup, that example was with the man.. and I generally have him pay 125% without fail. BUT when it was something like "Do you have a hat?" and I do.. I can't even sell it at 125%.. and again at 110% which he then just leaves.

You do have a point about them might not have fund... so that could be a problem... not sure myself.

Yeah, at one point I had a pretty good trust with Elan, and I tried to sell him a 50k glove.... I had to go down to 25k til he said he could afford it. Yeah haggled with him like 4 times. Poor bastard :(
---
#5MasterLL(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 11:36:09 PM
Woot beaten the game!

Honestly I am surprised that 500k was the last debt. I thought it would go to the million.. I had almost 700k after paying the last debt.

Taking advantage of the high-price items is huge... I had like 275k, spent it all down to like 100k, then made up to 1.1 million pix on the last day of the debt. All the profits came from 250% markup lol.

Love the game! Going to play the Post-Game to see everything if possible (at least no more debt lol).

It'll take a few days to upload my whole gameplay though on YT.. but still amazed I pulled it off without getting the cardbox ending.
---
#6legendarylemurPosted 1/11/2013 2:45:42 PM
Dang congrats >.< I wish I knew about the 250% thing for high priced items when I was playing. After 200k, I just gave up because I hit a wall on how much I was earning. This game has plenty of endgame content though. I guess the final boss rush is supposed to be really really hard
---
#7RaijiniliPosted 1/26/2013 4:09:50 PM

This is exactly it. It's not that they'd pay less if YOU chose it for them, but that they wouldn't choose it themselves and you're forcing it on them.
#8RaijiniliPosted 1/26/2013 4:12:03 PM
Also, for more experience and trust, you should sell at about 104% (more or less depending on the customer type) and buy at about 67-73%.

Blue halves and red doubles.
#9GuyYouMetOnlinePosted 1/29/2013 9:36:28 PM
Each customer has a maximum budget they can't pay more than. Customers will never pick items off the sales floor unless they can pay at least the base price, but if they ask you to pick an item, it's very much possible to pick one they can't afford. So try offering cheaper items.

And don't worry; as you complete successful transactions with customers, their budgets increase, so eventually they'll be able to afford more expensive stuff.
---
Yes, FF13 will be on the 360, too. All you complainers need to shut the **** up already.