Not being able to trigger events after day 40?

#1hyorinryuPosted 1/16/2013 9:32:46 PM
I remember people mentioning to stay away from the town square until day 40 if you wanted to avoid Euria. Does that mean once day 40 passes, you can't trigger events anymore. I ask because I'm going through the Obsidian Tower and I'm wondering if I missed out because I didn't do the dungeons fast enough.

Also, how do you deal with the Terran Golem on floor 20 of Obsidian Tower? It deals a lot seemingly unavoidable damage(it would catch me when dashing, did I miss a signal of any sort.?) and has a ton of health. I used Nagi and 100 thrusted everything, but I can't picture doing that boss as anyone else.
---
Not changing this sig unless a sequel for Kirby Air Ride is released or I change my mind Started 8 12 2008
#2benjaminkcPosted 1/17/2013 12:39:12 PM
Right. People that tell you to stay away from the town square are silly. Don't listen to them. Sure, Euria will come and break your chain every now and then, but it's still totally possible to make all your payments on the first loop. Just don't buy her crap.

I don't remember the specific mechanics of the Terran Golem, it's been too long. I will say that Caillou was by far my favorite character to kill bosses with; he's invincible for the duration of his magic missile spray, which can be used to avoid a lot of attacks.
#3RaijiniliPosted 1/22/2013 2:07:03 PM
I remember people mentioning to stay away from the town square until day 40 if you wanted to avoid Euria. Does that mean once day 40 passes, you can't trigger events anymore. I ask because I'm going through the Obsidian Tower and I'm wondering if I missed out because I didn't do the dungeons fast enough.

Pretty sure character-unlock events still happen.

Also, how do you deal with the Terran Golem on floor 20 of Obsidian Tower? It deals a lot seemingly unavoidable damage(it would catch me when dashing, did I miss a signal of any sort.?) and has a ton of health. I used Nagi and 100 thrusted everything, but I can't picture doing that boss as anyone else.

Arma and Caillou have it pretty easy, using sprays. The boss is slow and the statue minion thing has blind spots.

I just went to him with Nagi, and:
- Arm smash attack is avoidable.
- Jump attack doesn't get past invincibility, though I wasn't able to outrun it (without a dash attack).
- Spin: Three times in a row, being right next to him made it whiff me completely. I have no idea why, but maybe it's a thing.

... he's invincible for the duration of his magic missile spray, which can be used to avoid a lot of attacks.

If you don't hold it down, you mean?

Caillou's Warp is also useful for invincibility.
#4benjaminkcPosted 1/22/2013 5:19:24 PM
Raijinili posted...
... he's invincible for the duration of his magic missile spray, which can be used to avoid a lot of attacks.

If you don't hold it down, you mean?

Heh, I never realized you could hold down the attack button. I assume that gives a never-ending stream?
#5RaijiniliPosted 1/23/2013 11:26:25 AM
Until you get hit. Might also be cheaper than repeated use.