Any more levels that are physically impossible running the game at full specs?

#1ReptobismolPosted 8/6/2012 4:28:21 PM
If you already know what I'm talking about, please skip the next two paragraphs.

To elaborate, 5-5x Nix is, without calling one's skill into question, absolutely 100% impossible to clear on modern PCs running the game at its best specs. The disappearing platform will outrun you 75% of the way no matter what.

Players found a way around this by deliberately hampering the PC and forcing the game to lag, which somehow makes the bridge move slowly without crippling everything else an equal amount. Now you can actually hit the switch and still have solid ground beneath you when you land. I wish I learned of this before I attempted and failed a good 200 times, watching YouTube vids and being outraged that these guys made it look so simple. Once I reenabled graphics switching (I use a macbook pro) and wiped the command line, the game ran at a much crappier framerate and the level was playable.

I've managed to 100% the game up until 5-5 of the Dark World (including all of W5 Light) but would like to know ahead of time if there are any more impossible levels or, hell, levels that are unreasonably difficult due to things moving faster than they're supposed to. If I can't get them out of the way now, I'll at least be able to prepare ahead of time.

Thanks. What a load of needless aggravation that ****ing level was!
---
An infant sea turtle is actually capable of killing an adult African bull elephant. It does, however, require a substantial amount of surprise.
#2Reptobismol(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2012 6:33:39 PM
Yyyyyyyyep! Looks like I'll be doing this for XOXO as well.
---
An infant sea turtle is actually capable of killing an adult African bull elephant. It does, however, require a substantial amount of surprise.
#3Reptobismol(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2012 11:05:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]