game length

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

5 years ago#1
Anyone know how long the game is? replay value? thanks
---
GT - Dany34
Psn - el_supraman
5 years ago#2

i would like to know this also, played the trial and thought it was awesome, but dont really want to shell out 1200msp for it if its only 3 or 4 hours long (which being an arcade game it could well be) have been searching the web but cant seem to find anything relating to the games length anywhere.......

5 years ago#3
I haven't beat it yet but based on my progress I have a feeling it's going to be a lot shorter than I'd like.
---
A RdDragon draws near! The RdDragon attacked before NinjaMaster was ready. The RdDragon is breathing fire. Thy Hit Points decreased by 37. Thou art dead.
5 years ago#4
Took me about 6 hours to complete the story and do all of the quests.
5 years ago#5
*sigh* whats with these short ass games costing $15.. arcade games should always be no more than $10 imo except in rare cases where the game is actually 15-20 hours long.

Hasn't anyone learned from Apples App Store? The top grossing games are ALWAYS the cheapest. If this game was $5 instead of $15 it would probably be 10x more successful.
---
Something can be multi platform and exclusive at the same time. ~Geist
the dude abides
5 years ago#6
I mean seriously... Shadow Complex was $15, wasn't it?... totally justified in that case. How can a game like this cost $15.
---
Something can be multi platform and exclusive at the same time. ~Geist
the dude abides
5 years ago#7
just read gameinformer review. Game got a 6. That was not important since they did not like the combat. They said it was 5 hours. This is a turn based rpg. Most retail turn based rpgs are at very least 40+ hours.

I was expecting about 10 for a purchase. May wait for a Dotw than. This is coming from someone that bought Limbo day 1 and did not complain once about the length of it
---
GT - Dany34
Psn - el_supraman
5 years ago#8

It has 3 area's and 11 costumes to collect (french fries costume ftw). I guess it took me about 6 hours or so to complete 100%. Having said that I really enjoyed my time with it though the combat does get a bit too simple. If you want a hardcore long challenging game I woudn't recommend it, but its fun while it lasts and if you have smaller kids it's great.

5 years ago#9
This topic convinced me to buy this.
I'd rather spend $15 on a shorter game that's awesome the whole way through (Deathspank, anybody) over a $60 game that bores the everloving crap out of me....like FFXIII.
Sounds like I'll dig this!
5 years ago#10
Not so long ago (Snes, PSX, PS2), I used to pay 50$ for 6 hours long games (Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Illusion of Gaia, Shadow of Memories, Castlevania Symphony Of The Night, etc etc...). Shameful ? Not as long as the game is worth every minute.

Developers rarely program game that should last more than 8 hours. But somehow they always manage to extend the playtime via artificial means - backtracking, cutscenes, abusive difficulty, looooong empty corridors. I'm 2 hours into Costume Quest, and it's one of the best games I've played this year. It's worth playing for the look of the game alone, and it's a good proper old school RPG... Just fantastic, really.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived