game length

#1Toon_LinkPosted 10/20/2010 8:09:32 AM
Anyone know how long the game is? replay value? thanks
---
GT - Dany34
Psn - el_supraman
#2NoDzombiePosted 10/20/2010 9:32:08 AM

i would like to know this also, played the trial and thought it was awesome, but dont really want to shell out 1200msp for it if its only 3 or 4 hours long (which being an arcade game it could well be) have been searching the web but cant seem to find anything relating to the games length anywhere.......

#3ImmatureContentPosted 10/20/2010 9:46:29 AM
I haven't beat it yet but based on my progress I have a feeling it's going to be a lot shorter than I'd like.
---
A RdDragon draws near! The RdDragon attacked before NinjaMaster was ready. The RdDragon is breathing fire. Thy Hit Points decreased by 37. Thou art dead.
#4jpatteePosted 10/20/2010 9:48:14 AM
Took me about 6 hours to complete the story and do all of the quests.
#5schlanzPosted 10/20/2010 10:14:37 AM
*sigh* whats with these short ass games costing $15.. arcade games should always be no more than $10 imo except in rare cases where the game is actually 15-20 hours long.

Hasn't anyone learned from Apples App Store? The top grossing games are ALWAYS the cheapest. If this game was $5 instead of $15 it would probably be 10x more successful.
---
Something can be multi platform and exclusive at the same time. ~Geist
the dude abides
#6schlanzPosted 10/20/2010 10:15:39 AM
I mean seriously... Shadow Complex was $15, wasn't it?... totally justified in that case. How can a game like this cost $15.
---
Something can be multi platform and exclusive at the same time. ~Geist
the dude abides
#7Toon_Link(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2010 10:23:53 AM
just read gameinformer review. Game got a 6. That was not important since they did not like the combat. They said it was 5 hours. This is a turn based rpg. Most retail turn based rpgs are at very least 40+ hours.

I was expecting about 10 for a purchase. May wait for a Dotw than. This is coming from someone that bought Limbo day 1 and did not complain once about the length of it
---
GT - Dany34
Psn - el_supraman
#8The_Mad_NutterPosted 10/20/2010 11:08:57 AM

It has 3 area's and 11 costumes to collect (french fries costume ftw). I guess it took me about 6 hours or so to complete 100%. Having said that I really enjoyed my time with it though the combat does get a bit too simple. If you want a hardcore long challenging game I woudn't recommend it, but its fun while it lasts and if you have smaller kids it's great.

#9joecamnetPosted 10/20/2010 11:46:12 AM
This topic convinced me to buy this.
I'd rather spend $15 on a shorter game that's awesome the whole way through (Deathspank, anybody) over a $60 game that bores the everloving crap out of me....like FFXIII.
Sounds like I'll dig this!
#10Brodie_GorgoPosted 10/20/2010 12:20:55 PM
Not so long ago (Snes, PSX, PS2), I used to pay 50$ for 6 hours long games (Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Illusion of Gaia, Shadow of Memories, Castlevania Symphony Of The Night, etc etc...). Shameful ? Not as long as the game is worth every minute.

Developers rarely program game that should last more than 8 hours. But somehow they always manage to extend the playtime via artificial means - backtracking, cutscenes, abusive difficulty, looooong empty corridors. I'm 2 hours into Costume Quest, and it's one of the best games I've played this year. It's worth playing for the look of the game alone, and it's a good proper old school RPG... Just fantastic, really.