Bioshick was about how life would be without religion taken too max is this?

#1ReallySnow55Posted 2/26/2013 4:24:22 AM
going to be about how life would be with religion taken too the max i read something about there being racism and just very strong patriotism in this game if so i'm totally buying it its like the opposite of bioshock one Showed a world where science went too the extreme and this is where Religious ideals get taken too far i love it. Is that what they are trying to do with this game?
#2ReallySnow55(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 2:24:06 PM
anyone?
#3RockSauronPosted 2/26/2013 2:57:23 PM
Well, that's a bit of a simplified way of looking at things. Bioshock wasn't really so much about life without religion as it was about free will and freedom in general.

For Infinite, I wouldn't say that it's about religion taken to the max. That's an important part, yes, but I think they're more of a Super America than pure religious zealots. And yes, that includes racism (probably racist against Jesus's race, but that's another story). Also, throw in dimensional tears and existential questioning of reality, and I don't think anyone has a fricking idea what the main theme of this game is yet XD

That being said, Irrational has said that the real theme of Bioshock isn't in right wing or left wing, but extremism in general.

In Bioshock 1, it was how capitalism to the extreme would destroy humanity's, well, humanity, in that they wouldn't care for their fellow man.

In Bioshock 2, it was how communism to the extreme would destroy humanity's, well, humanity, in that they wouldn't care for themselves.

In Infinite, it seems to be more how nationalism and religion to the extreme would be bad, as well as some input on radicalism.

then again, none of us could possibly say what the real theme of Infinite is yet, since they haven't released enough of the story so that we really know what's going on.
---
Hi. I rawk.
#4Doubleglock18Posted 2/26/2013 7:25:40 PM
i think that there are some religious overtones, but they aren't the center of the theme. extreme nationalism (or really here it's jingoism) and then the opposite end of extreme communism (in the sense of EVERYTHING belongs to everyone, listen to some of the stuff the Vox say. it's disturbing. especially when they are led by a woman. talking about how your wives belong to the Vox... wow.)
---
Colt 45 and two zig-zags, Baby that's all we need
We can go to the park, after dark, smoke that tumbleweed!
#5GreenKnight127Posted 2/26/2013 10:12:51 PM
Just read Atlas Shrugged.

That's what the whole premise is based on.

Original Bioshock:. Andrew Ryan. The man behind it all.

Author of the book Atlas Shrugged: Ayn Rand.

Andrew Ryan is an intentional similarity to the name Ayn Rand.
---
Cheetah Yee-HT Skip-OT no tso-p tsum ooh sen-o eht era s11ort Tenner-ettni laer eht.
#6ElBorak77Posted 2/26/2013 10:38:06 PM
infinite seems to be about politics and religion taken to the extreme. in columbia they almost worship the founding fathers.
---
PSN El_Borak_77
#7Doubleglock18Posted 2/27/2013 11:29:03 AM
ElBorak77 posted...
infinite seems to be about politics and religion taken to the extreme. in columbia they almost worship the founding fathers.

i just watched the Lamb of Columbia trailer again and at the end when Elizabeth asked if Booker feared God i just realized.... for them God isn't christian God it's Comstock. he's literally worshiped as God. so of course we aren't afraid of him. he bleeds just like us! :D
---
Colt 45 and two zig-zags, Baby that's all we need
We can go to the park, after dark, smoke that tumbleweed!