Two Alternate Ending?

#1TohruAdachiPosted 3/3/2013 4:47:31 PM
While watching the trailer you and Elizabeth encounter two people who have an pendant,one that's a cage (no freedom) and a bird (freedom)

Does this mean they'll be two endings to the game I'm assuming? Probably cage means you don't really care much about Elizabeth,just want the job done and I'm assuming the bird means you probably want to help Elizabeth because you feel bad for her or something.

Thoughts?
#2SpacedOutTweekrPosted 3/3/2013 5:37:03 PM(edited)
I'm 99% sure that part of the game is at the very beginning, so I doubt that any significant weight would be attributed to it other than some different dialogue or something.

Also, I'm pretty sure that there's only 1 ending. You have "moral" choices to make, but instead of giving you a different ending depending on how many "good/bad" choices you made throughout the game your choices have specific impacts on certain characters/events.

So if you save some kid from drowning, just an example, you don't get the good ending, but you might run into that kid later and he might give you something/open up some extra dialogue/whatever.
#3TohruAdachi(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 6:00:05 PM
SpacedOutTweekr posted...
I'm 99% sure that part of the game is at the very beginning, so I doubt that any significant weight would be attributed to it other than some different dialogue or something.

Also, I'm pretty sure that there's only 1 ending. You have "moral" choices to make, but instead of giving you a different ending depending on how many "good/bad" choices you made throughout the game your choices have specific impacts on certain characters/events.

So if you save some kid from drowning, just an example, you don't get the good ending, but you might run into that kid later and he might give you something/open up some extra dialogue/whatever.

Maybe but Levine did say they were trying something new? I doubt they were that dumb enough though to make something that happened so early affect the storyline so majorly or there will be a lot of angry people.

I just have a feeling though it'll probably affect the storyline because I mean she'll be wearing the pendant at all times too I'm assuming since that's like her first item from being outside the building too so it'd be something of sentimental value. Maybe not changing the ending however they might add like extra dialogue after you watch the depending and it'll change depending on which pendant you chose?
#4Wiseman288Posted 3/3/2013 9:26:57 PM
First, what Bioshock game hasn't had multiple endings? I'm sure how you treat Elizabeth, be it as an objective or a person, will effect how the ending plays out. As for what I'll choose, the bird naturally, but maybe choose the cage in another play through, like choosing if little sisters lived or died in the old games.
---
I do not suffer from insanity. I happen to enjoy it very much thank you.
BlckFC: 0991-1048-3426
#5TohruAdachi(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 10:16:47 PM
Wiseman288 posted...
First, what Bioshock game hasn't had multiple endings? I'm sure how you treat Elizabeth, be it as an objective or a person, will effect how the ending plays out. As for what I'll choose, the bird naturally, but maybe choose the cage in another play through, like choosing if little sisters lived or died in the old games.

I'll most likely choose the bird too. I can't stand harvesting the Little Sisters,I mean I play the game from a real life perspective,I don't know why but I just feel so bad if I do that. I can't do the same to Elizabeth too,only reason why I'd do something bad is for a trophy that's it,but I just can't bring myself to do it.
#6XxGhaleonxXPosted 3/4/2013 11:21:11 AM
According to the Wiki, depending on how you treat Songbird effects Elizabeth's relationship with you. This could possibly be the key to multiple endings.

bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/Songbird
---
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=521302869
PSN: acetonskyhigh
#7gohanman31Posted 3/5/2013 5:58:37 PM
If the game is an open world/action/shooter...with changings depending upon the gamers choices, then, there suggests a different ending based on that assumption.
---
gohanman31