All Vigors

#1ElBorak77Posted 3/17/2013 8:23:23 AM(edited)
spoilers obviously...

http://www.ign.com/wikis/bioshock-infinite/Vigors
---
PSN El_Borak_77
#2SunsprayHoneyPosted 3/17/2013 1:31:20 PM
I didn't read the list (as I don't want them spoiled) but is it true they're only 8 Vigors in the entire game?

That's honestly really lame if it's true.
---
I couldn't fix your brakes so I just made the horn a lot louder.
#3SpacedOutTweekrPosted 3/17/2013 1:43:56 PM
Yeah, only 8. But each one has 2 firing modes (I.e throws a projectile in one, second lays a trap), and some can be combined for more damage, and I'm hoping different effects.

I kept things vague for you.
#4ElBorak77(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 1:49:28 PM
there is also gear that has certain effects.
---
PSN El_Borak_77
#5SunsprayHoneyPosted 3/17/2013 1:55:07 PM
Hmm, well that's better than what I thought.

Still though at least half of those powers are re-hashes to begin with. Electro bolt, fire, freezing, crows is like insect swarm. I was cool with the 2-weapon/power system because I assumed we'd at least get a lot of stuff to choose from like Bio 1. Was hoping for more unique steampunky weapons/powers to match the setting. But all that looks like it's taking the backburner. It doesn't help that IGN's AU preview mentioned the combat being the weakest element in this game (based on what they played).

It's bothersome that in 5 years they couldn't even reach the same number the original Bioshock had. Either way I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised and understand why exactly they'd lowball something like that.
---
#6G-ZissPosted 3/17/2013 2:00:36 PM(edited)
SunsprayHoney posted...
I didn't read the list (as I don't want them spoiled) but is it true they're only 8 Vigors in the entire game?

That's honestly really lame if it's true.

Not many spoilers considering all of them but one are just like the plasmids from the first 2 games.
#7XxGhaleonxXPosted 3/17/2013 2:29:15 PM
I'm fine with the vigors being the same as the plasmids. It worked for the first game. Besides, the DLCs will add more I'm sure.
---
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=521302869
PSN: acetonskyhigh
#8SunsprayHoneyPosted 3/17/2013 3:00:00 PM
Not many spoilers considering all of them but one are just like the plasmids from the first 2 games.

That's what I feared. Like I said though, I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised with how they incorporate the powers into the gameplay. As of right now though this is genuinely the first thing I've been greatly disappointed with. I assumed years ago when we first saw Murder of Crows/Electrobolt that was just the surface being scratched and they were keeping a lot of powers under the radar to surprise us.
---
#9bluehat94Posted 3/17/2013 3:58:28 PM
SunsprayHoney posted...

Still though at least half of those powers are re-hashes to begin with. Electro bolt, fire, freezing, crows is like insect swarm. I was cool with the 2-weapon/power system because I assumed we'd at least get a lot of stuff to choose from like Bio 1. Was hoping for more unique steampunky weapons/powers to match the setting. But all that looks like it's taking the backburner. It doesn't help that IGN's AU preview mentioned the combat being the weakest element in this game (based on what they played).

It's bothersome that in 5 years they couldn't even reach the same number the original Bioshock had. Either way I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised and understand why exactly they'd lowball something like that.

There isn't an ice one, the three other are the only similar ones, and even then, they function noticeably differently than their counterparts in the first game. Another reason that they're less is because they all have upgrade paths (ex. one upgrade augments the Devils Kiss power to explode into mini fire balls). Another thing that I noticed was that they created a Vigor that is similar in function to both Enrage and Hypnotize Big Daddy, but with some extra features.

There are also certain pieces of gear that further augment the Vigors, like one that causes a certain no damage support Vigor to deal damage.

There may be two less powers in this game than the first, but the amount of ways to utilize them is far greater, especially since you can combine them as well.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#10BigLongDownerPosted 3/17/2013 5:23:11 PM
bluehat94 posted...
SunsprayHoney posted...

There isn't an ice one, the three other are the only similar ones, and even then, they function noticeably differently than their counterparts in the first game. Another reason that they're less is because they all have upgrade paths (ex. one upgrade augments the Devils Kiss power to explode into mini fire balls). Another thing that I noticed was that they created a Vigor that is similar in function to both Enrage and Hypnotize Big Daddy, but with some extra features.

There are also certain pieces of gear that further augment the Vigors, like one that causes a certain no damage support Vigor to deal damage.

There may be two less powers in this game than the first, but the amount of ways to utilize them is far greater, especially since you can combine them as well.

And Elizabeth is able to augment your vigors to make them more powerful. I just wanted to add that little bit of info. I'm sure there's a lot of awesome combinations which we won't be able to see until either a) they decide to show a bit more before release, b) someone gets an early copy and confirms it, or c) we'll just have to wait and find out for ourselves.
---
GT - The Grunge Guy