Is there a alternate ending? Because I hate the one I got. (Spoiler)

#1SairosPosted 3/27/2013 4:35:27 AM
Pulling the "You are commstock and must die to save worlds" thing really peeved me. Doesn't that invalidate the entirety of the game? Since if you let a handyman bludgeon you to death and don't continue you have essentially given in.

And they even talked about the infinite possibilities of the universe, and yet they settle on one where he has to die?

I just......I really personally hate things that seem to say "things are fated to be this way, and this is the only way to make it right"

I prefer things where one fights against, and defeats destiny, not where one simply gives in to it.

I mean, he had just found out his daughter was still alive, couldn't they have gone to Paris for a few years first to be happy together before having him kick the bucket to save the Omniverse from Commstock?

Ugh, it just really really irritates me is all, I doubt there is a second ending, but I really hope there is.
---
Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
PSN: Aeturnum
#2Green_PuffPosted 3/27/2013 4:37:19 AM
Im trying to figure out if collecting all of the voiced diaries will net the "**** this ****, Big Daddy drills you in the end" end.
---
You will not forget this devils power!
#3_Deadeye_CM_Posted 3/27/2013 4:38:27 AM(edited)
Nah, that's the only ending. Did you see the scene after the credits?
---
Not changing this until Dark Cloud comes to the PS Store.
PSN: MisterDeadeye
#4Sairos(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 4:40:01 AM
_Deadeye_CM_ posted...
Nah, that's the only ending. Did you see the scene after the credits?

Yes, but I don't really get what it was supposed to mean.
---
#5Green_PuffPosted 3/27/2013 4:40:47 AM
It means a cliffhanger my lost sheep bros..Dudes..

It means a sequel.
---
#6Mister_ZurkonPosted 3/27/2013 4:49:25 AM
Does that mean if we smother Troy Baker, RE6 will be Unmade?
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#7tizimin9Posted 3/27/2013 4:50:59 AM
I know how you feel.

There are so many games, where at the end it seems like there was a better possibility where everyone wins, but in the end it has to be the depressing ending.

For instance, take Far Cry 3.

*Far Cry 3 Spoilers*

At the end, you either kill your friends and die, or stay on the island to become a crazy man.

There's no ending where you save your friends and go back with them to live happily ever after, which seems like the most reasonable ending.

I guess the reason they didn't go with it is because then the player wouldn't be able to free-roam the island after beating the game.

Another instance is Metal Gear Rising: Reveangence.

*Metal Gear Rising Spoilers*

At the end, Raiden discovers that the man behind the scenes is Senator Armstrong. The Senator explains the reason why he's doing everything is so he can end war as a business.

This is basically exactly the same thing Raiden wants, but Raiden disagrees that this objective is worth any cost, no matter how high. They fight, Armstrong beats him, and then Armstrong tries to reason with him. He gives Raiden a second chance and even shakes his hand, and then Raiden throws it back in his face, and rage-screams that Armstrong is "bat**** insane." They fight again, and Raiden beats him, but instead of Raiden reciprocating on showing mercy, he rips his freakin' heart out. Armstrong's dying words voice his regret that things had to end that way, and in the final cutscene, Raiden quotes one of Armstrong's earlier beliefs, having adopted it as his own.

I feel that Raiden and Armstrong could have sat down and come to a compromise fairly easily. Armstrong would stop turning kids into cyborg killing machines and use adult volunteers instead, and Raiden would stop obliterating everything in sight. With their combined strength, they could have actually ended war as a business and achieved either peace and prosperity everlasting or at the very least a world where soldiers are shown respect and dignity and battlefields are left isolated from the civilian world where collateral damage can occur.

Instead of either of those two wonderful endings, we're left with a massive power vacuum, the world is still left in chaos, and Raiden still has an identity conflict.
---
I play until my eyes bleed.
PSN: Itzimna
#8Mister_ZurkonPosted 3/27/2013 4:54:49 AM
tizimin9 posted...

Instead of either of those two wonderful endings, we're left with a massive power vacuum, the world is still left in chaos, and Raiden still has an identity conflict.

Raiden did stop a psychopath from turning america into a tribe of warlords, and embraced his love of killing.

It's not the fairytale ending, but Raiden did seem happy to shed away his past grief and he still showed signs of compassion and humanity.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#9Sairos(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 4:55:27 AM
Mister_Zurkon posted...
tizimin9 posted...

Raiden did stop a psychopath from turning america into a tribe of warlords, and embraced his love of killing.

It's not the fairytale ending, but Raiden did seem happy to shed away his past grief and he still showed signs of compassion and humanity.

Can we keep things on this games ending everyone?
---
#10Green_PuffPosted 3/27/2013 4:58:20 AM
But this games ending sucked ass. Sorry, but I paid money for this game, so I can share my opinion!
---