Bioshock Infinite ending discussion *spoilers*

#31megamanzero1000Posted 3/28/2013 4:36:38 PM(edited)
Damn I didn't know there was an scene after the credits. Is it uploaded somewhere on the internet?

nvm found it. Anyway, where does that leave the universe where Elizabeth is old and destroys colombia?
#32Mister_ZurkonPosted 3/28/2013 4:34:36 PM
My biggest problem with the ending is that if Liz has the power to corral every possible Booker into one moment in one entity to kill him... wouldn't just not having him be baptized have the same effect as killing him?

Either way he won't become Comstock. Hell, even the simple knowledge of what Comstock will become should keep the Infinite Singularity Booker from turning Comstock at all...

Hell, if Liz can unite Infinite entities at one point, why not just corral up all he Comstocks after the Baptism and kill them while sparing the Unbaptized Bookers?
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#33xXsabbathXxPosted 3/28/2013 4:53:06 PM
rebelleader13 posted...
If Elizabeth kills booker then that means they both would of never existed and they created a whole new alternative reality without them existing? so why does it show booker and Elizabeth at the end credits?

From my understanding, long story short, when Elizabeth and the alternate Elizabeths drown Booker/Comstock the events of Bioshock Infinite never happen.

Thus Comstock never exsisted, booker never gave up Elizabeth/Anna in debt and at the end credits it shows Bookers normal life with Anna again. As if nothing had ever happened.
#34rebelleader13Posted 3/28/2013 4:59:52 PM
xXsabbathXx posted...
rebelleader13 posted...
If Elizabeth kills booker then that means they both would of never existed and they created a whole new alternative reality without them existing? so why does it show booker and Elizabeth at the end credits?

From my understanding, long story short, when Elizabeth and the alternate Elizabeths drown Booker/Comstock the events of Bioshock Infinite never happen.

Thus Comstock never exsisted, booker never gave up Elizabeth/Anna in debt and at the end credits it shows Bookers normal life with Anna again. As if nothing had ever happened.

but booker dies thus he was wiped from existence does that mean booker Elizabeth and comstock never ceased to exist when Elizabeth kills booker?
---
A leader is always a work in progress.
#35DaimaoTakahashiPosted 3/28/2013 5:22:16 PM
"Booker (ready to be Comstocks) dies at Anna's hands -> Comstock cannot exist -> Anna is then never sold by Booker to Comstock -> Columbia/Booker's quest never happen -> Bioshock Infinite's events never happen -> Booker never has to be killed by his future daughter -> Ending with him finding Anna as a baby in her room."

Cornstock dies--->Columbia doesn't exist---> Andrew Ryan loses his inspiration to build Rapture-->The events of Bioshock 1 and 2 never happens as well.

It is a Happy ending for the entire series.
#36Mister_ZurkonPosted 3/28/2013 5:38:48 PM
Columbia had nothing to do with Rapture, they are not even in the same Universe.

Songbird even falls in Rapture long after it is built and the plasmids exists, so ADAM even predates Songbird's fall.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#37EmperorwonPosted 3/28/2013 5:45:00 PM
i want to know why i didn't see the revenge of the jedi or the elizabeth putting on the lincoln head scene.
---
---
---
#38Mister_ZurkonPosted 3/28/2013 5:46:06 PM
Emperorwon posted...
i want to know why i didn't see the revenge of the jedi or the elizabeth putting on the lincoln head scene.
---

Revenge of the Jedi was in the Paris tear, but I think it was in french.
---
#39rebelleader13Posted 3/28/2013 6:05:50 PM
DaimaoTakahashi posted...
"Booker (ready to be Comstocks) dies at Anna's hands -> Comstock cannot exist -> Anna is then never sold by Booker to Comstock -> Columbia/Booker's quest never happen -> Bioshock Infinite's events never happen -> Booker never has to be killed by his future daughter -> Ending with him finding Anna as a baby in her room."

Cornstock dies--->Columbia doesn't exist---> Andrew Ryan loses his inspiration to build Rapture-->The events of Bioshock 1 and 2 never happens as well.

It is a Happy ending for the entire series.

My brain it hurts ahhhhhh!
---
A leader is always a work in progress.
#40TaKun782Posted 3/28/2013 6:10:55 PM
GradyHoover posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
So I get that Booker gave away Elizabeth, then washed away his sins to forget, and in turn Comstock was born from Dewitt. Am I right? If so, how was Columbia born?

So basically... as I understand it... Booker got "baptised" to wash away his sins from his time as a Pinkerton Agent and his time at Wounded Knee, but couldn't accept his own forgiveness, so he became the Booker DeWitt we know. He gambled, he drank, he ultimately sold his own daughter, Anna.

However, after he goes to he got the chance to go back in time and change his fate. So he then went back, accepted his own baptism/forgiveness, and became Father Comstock. He locked his daughter in a tower to hide her from... uh, himself... and the loop just goes on and on and on... through multiple parallel realities.

It's all circular until Elizabeth (and some alt-Elizabeths from other realities) kills him to break the cycle of him becoming Comstock and trapping Elizabeth over and over and over, etc.

And then we end with a happy scene of another parallel world... one where Booker never became Comstock, but also never sold his daughter and became a decent father instead. At least that's how I saw it.

Wow, thanks. That cleared some questions i had. So its kinda like the film Looper? A cycle that just keeps repeating itself over and over again?
---
I will never change this sig until IOI releases Freedom Fighters 2!
-First started 9-20-2009