The Boss battle everyone hates *spoilers*

#1BrakkisPosted 3/29/2013 3:41:33 AM
So, figured I'd share a bit of friendly how-to advice for taking down the ghostly Lady Comstock in all 3 of her battles. I did this on 1999 Mode so it should work in all modes.

1st Encounter / The Graveyard -
Run into the building with the Medical Kit tear on the left of the Graveyard.
Equip Bucking Bronco - Murder of Crows
Bring a Shotgun and a Heater (both are found in the Graveyard)
Bucking Bronco any enemies that actually come to you (most actually won't come to that building) and kill them with the Shotgun
Murder of Crows Lady Comstock and blast her with the Heater when she comes to that building to res the all of 2-3 enemies that actually come over there. She'll die fairly quickly

2nd Encounter / The Bank -
Stand inside the Vault, don't go out into the open room through the Vault door
Bring a Sniper Rifle and a whatever else you want
Headshot Lady Comstock from inside the Vault, maybe 1 enemy will actually come to you

3rd Encounter / Comstock House Gates -
Stand around the corner near the water fountain with the dead Vox around it so that you can't actually see the Gates (coming from the direction of the photograph shop)
Kill the couple enemies that move within your line of sight
Headshot Lady Comstock when she goes over to Res them
Repeat until she is dead

This is the easiest method of taking her down in all 3 encounters and you avoid 95% of the enemies she resurrects to fight you.
---
By the edge of those wilds, warriors have charged. But now the years have passed, the generals have left and the grass grows in the armors hollow on the hill.
#2MrSpaM111Posted 3/29/2013 3:49:53 AM
Sitting back with the sniper rifle or burst gun seem to be the best way of dealing with her, find somewhere to sit where the enemies cant get to you and just snipe her. It takes a while but this is how i did it on my first play through.
#3GodwhackerPosted 3/30/2013 6:02:21 PM
Thanks for the tips, Brakkis- I was tearing my hair out trying to get through that first fight on hard, but that worked pefectly.
#4lokithefoolPosted 3/30/2013 6:04:17 PM
Brakkis posted...
So, figured I'd share a bit of friendly how-to advice for taking down the ghostly Lady Comstock in all 3 of her battles. I did this on 1999 Mode so it should work in all modes.

Bucking Bronco any enemies that actually come to you (most actually won't come to that building) and kill them with the Shotgun
Murder of Crows Lady Comstock and blast her with the Heater when she comes to that building to res the all of 2-3 enemies that actually come over there. She'll die fairly quickly

Headshot Lady Comstock from inside the Vault, maybe 1 enemy will actually come to you

Stand around the corner near the water fountain with the dead Vox around it so that you can't actually see the Gates (coming from the direction of the photograph shop)
Repeat until she is dead

This is the easiest method of taking her down in all 3 encounters and you avoid 95% of the enemies she resurrects to fight you.

Here is my response to this just use devils kiss cant revive what doesn't have a body.
#5Razor2602Posted 3/30/2013 6:04:48 PM
first playthrough stayed at a distance second playthrough used undertow and an upgraded volley gun right in her face was much more effective for me
#6Aka_NekoPosted 3/30/2013 6:54:38 PM
this is the way to beat her

its super super easy

use the gear that gives you salt when you kill an enemy (40% chance but youll be killing so many of her spawns its like infinite salt - haha infinite)

anyways. use undertow (really only works if youve upgraded it to do the 3 grab instead of one

and a volley gun - shotty or volley gun - hellfire combo

then as your second vigor use rts

strategy, alternate between pulling them in (blasting them with the volley gun) and rts on her. she goes down really easily that way lol
#7Brakkis(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 5:07:53 AM
lokithefool posted...
Brakkis posted...

Repeat until she is dead

Here is my response to this just use devils kiss cant revive what doesn't have a body.

Good luck with that. She'll resurrect those body-less dead people just fine.
---
By the edge of those wilds, warriors have charged. But now the years have passed, the generals have left and the grass grows in the armors hollow on the hill.
#8Tanjin90Posted 3/31/2013 7:15:25 AM
I just hit her with charge and two shotgun blasts to the head and repeated until she was dead. Fight lasted less than a min.
#9GhidoranPosted 3/31/2013 8:28:13 AM
Uh, you guys know about Return to Sender, right? It's this magical shield that blocks/absorbs all bullets and lets you redirect them.
---
Movie, comic and game reviews from yours truly:
http://mcgreviews.blogspot.com
#10GGuyerPosted 3/31/2013 8:46:51 AM
This is how i killed her on 1999 mode, in less than 25secs. Have equiped the gear that give your guns additional ammo in the magazine, for weapons I had the magnum with both damage upgrade and the machine gun fully upgraded. For Vigors i had murder of crows and the second one doesnt matter, ya wont use it. Now all I did was the second you come out of the coffin room and see the siren, hit her with murder of crow and unload the magnum, should be around 10 shots, she'll fly up and res the 2nd group of people. When she flys up switch to the machine gun and start shooting in little burst on her as best you can, when she flys back down is when you will unload the gun on her, just backpeddle and keep shooting her and she will be dead rather quickly. Now while this is going on every 2-3 seconds keep casting murder of crows at her, i find that while she isnt taking any crow damage or being stunned by them, she still become succeptable to the extra damage you cause her as if she was weaked by the vigor. On top of that the crows should keep the adds from shooting you quickly.
This technique of crows,magnum,crows,machinegun,crow exc... work on all 3 occasions when I fought her, it worked so well the 2nd fight in the bank that she didnt even break my shield.