Anyone using the Sony Pulse Elite Bioshock: Infinite setting?

#1Red_JesterPosted 3/31/2013 1:55:48 AM
I've got it running now and to be honest, the only time it seems to utilize the bass-impact at all is when it shouldn't be and that's when you're talking to someone or reloading your weapon rather than, you know, gun shots, explosions, crashes and screaming. Anyone else having the same experience? Default Game setting seems to do a better job.
---
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
I'm right about everything, every time. 60% of the time.
#2Red_Jester(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 2:19:56 PM
bump
---
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
#3Wozman23Posted 3/31/2013 2:58:13 PM
I was also getting distracting, odd bass hits. Other settings, like shooter, were even worse, so I just decided to leave it on Bioshock Infinite mode with the vibration turned off.

A custom setting sounded cool, but without vibration it's kind of pointless. I assume it's suppose to support bass-impact. There are probably just a few glitches in the system.
---
Recently Played: Sound Shapes, DmC, Sly, Dead Space, GoW Ascension, Bioshock
Anticipating: Guacamelee!, Fuse, The Last of Us, Puppeteer, Rayman Legends
#4Red_Jester(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 8:27:23 PM(edited)
I love the idea of custom-made settings for select games, but it seems they kind of blew it here.

That said, I don't use any settings besides Game. Racing and fighting both just pick up ANY sound and blare the bass-impact at maximum, constantly rumbling and it's so loud and steady that it drowns out other audio. (Neither of which do what the description says they should, like "feeling" a car coming up behind you, etc) Shooter doesn't even do what the description says it does. It absolutely does not rumble on foot steps like it says. That said, it doesn't rumble on high pitched gun shots either... but it sure does pick up things like reloading sounds, soldier gear being shaken around sound effects, far off explosions and switching weapons.

Oh and yeah, shooter is designed specifically for multi-player, which is why they emphasized the whole foot steps thing, which is hilarious to me considering that a high bass often covers up the sounds of the much lighter sounding foot steps.
---