I wanna buy this game but should I wait for a GOTY edition?

#1Squall_exePosted 7/30/2013 9:14:30 PM
I've been hearing great things about Bioshock Infinite, and I've been meaning to buy it for a while now. But considering they've got some DLC coming out, so I was wondering if I should wait until a game of the year edition comes out so I can grab all the extras at the standard price or just get a cheap copy and buy the DLC myself?
#2DiaperDandeePosted 7/30/2013 9:46:29 PM
Are we even sure a GOTY edition is coming out? Unless it has already been confirmed I wouldn't count on it as the next gen consoles are coming and I could see developers shying away from special versions of games for this gen.
---
Playing: The Last of Us, BioShock: Infinite, Skyrim: Legendary Edition
Want: Metal Gear Solid 5, Grand Theft Auto 5
#3thebassclef626Posted 7/31/2013 12:24:34 AM
Squall_exe posted...
I've been hearing great things about Bioshock Infinite, and I've been meaning to buy it for a while now. But considering they've got some DLC coming out, so I was wondering if I should wait until a game of the year edition comes out so I can grab all the extras at the standard price or just get a cheap copy and buy the DLC myself?

It all depends bro... I'm not sure what the going price is for a used copy of BI will run ya, but the season pass is $20. That being said, I'll give it to you straight... BI is a really great game, but it does have a few downsides. It's VERY linear. It's easy, the hardest difficulty (1999 Mode) is a joke. The AI is predictable. I have a few other minor complaints, but that's just me b••••ing about small stuff. It really is a fun game though. I would say if you can get a used copy at a reasonable price, pick it up! Enjoy:)
---
"Go suck an egg!" -Murtaugh, Lethal Weapon 5
#4Squall_exe(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 7:24:38 AM
thebassclef626 posted...

It all depends bro... I'm not sure what the going price is for a used copy of BI will run ya, but the season pass is $20. That being said, I'll give it to you straight... BI is a really great game, but it does have a few downsides. It's VERY linear. It's easy, the hardest difficulty (1999 Mode) is a joke. The AI is predictable. I have a few other minor complaints, but that's just me b••••ing about small stuff. It really is a fun game though. I would say if you can get a used copy at a reasonable price, pick it up! Enjoy:)

I was thinking about used, but Gamestop's used price is still $49.99, and amazon is around $30 for both same new AND used so might as well get it new then.

I think if I do get it standard instead of waiting for a GOTY it still won't be for a while, maybe mid/late august? Edging September even?

It sucks that console gamers don't get as many sales as PC gamers do with steam or GOG...
#5Maiken100Posted 7/31/2013 7:58:34 AM
Squall_exe posted...

I was thinking about used, but Gamestop's used price is still $49.99, and amazon is around $30 for both same new AND used so might as well get it new then.

I think if I do get it standard instead of waiting for a GOTY it still won't be for a while, maybe mid/late august? Edging September even?

It sucks that console gamers don't get as many sales as PC gamers do with steam or GOG...

Yeah and GoTY would be next year past march when all dlc has been released.
#6FluorescentVoidPosted 7/31/2013 11:34:03 AM
Maybe a Complete Edition would come out, but it has to become GotY in order for there to be a GotY version, and I don't foresee that happening when The Last of Us came out.
---
Always follow your dreams, except for that one where you're in public naked.
See you in another life, brother.
#7DiaperDandeePosted 8/1/2013 7:40:14 AM
FluorescentVoid posted...
Maybe a Complete Edition would come out, but it has to become GotY in order for there to be a GotY version, and I don't foresee that happening when The Last of Us came out.

Yeah but multiple games a year can get GOTY versions.
---
Playing: The Last of Us, BioShock: Infinite, Skyrim: Legendary Edition
Want: Metal Gear Solid 5, Grand Theft Auto 5