Sigh...I hate multiplayer!

#1MrImpatient35Posted 7/8/2011 3:06:40 PM
Lemme explain myself. Multiplayer is great...for CERTAIN games. I hate the fact that just about EVERY game nowadays has to have multiplayer. I just read an article about how Multiplayer isn't confirmed for this game yet -_-. This game doesn't need multiplayer! Neither does Rage! I mad about it cuz if it does have MP, then that more than likely means that they'll commit unnecessary resources to the MP, rather than doing what they should be doing...FOCUSING ON THE CAMPAIGN!

With the way things are going, Mass Effect 3 will have MP -_-
---
random live user 1: "I was sleeping in your mom's room lastnight"
random live user 2: "So? I was in there too"
#2DaDumb1Posted 7/8/2011 3:18:15 PM

Why did you make time to write this topic when you just said in your post they haven't metioned anything about this game having multiplayer? Plus, all id games had multiplayer and some like Quake 3 Arena and Enemy Territory have been classics. Third, ME3 has already been confirmed to not have multiplayer.

#3sflowers539Posted 7/8/2011 3:24:38 PM

If this game has multiplayer, it will probably be something that does seem tacked on with some but not great value like the MP from Bioshock 2. I doubt though that it will be at the expense of the campaign mode, and who knows, with the effort that seems to be going into this game maybe it will have one of the best single and multiplayer experiences we have seen in years. I know what you mean about how all games seem to tack on multiplayer stuff now, but I doubt that will be the case here, I don't expect a historic multiplayer experience, but I bet it will be decent and have at least one new concept not done before.

#4MrArmageddon8Posted 7/8/2011 3:34:17 PM

I agree! MP is not needed for SP focused games. Everyone who **** about how MP isn't in every game don't even play the MP in those games for long before they just go back to COD or Halo. The MP in Bioshock 2 was a waste of resources that could of went to the SP.

#5MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2011 3:53:24 PM
DaDumb1 posted...
Why did you make time to write this topic when you just said in your post they haven't metioned anything about this game having multiplayer? Plus, all id games had multiplayer and some like Quake 3 Arena and Enemy Territory have been classics. Third, ME3 has already been confirmed to not have multiplayer.

They said that the MP wasn't confirmed...YET. The keyword is yet, implying that it COULD HAPPEN in the future. That's what I'm upset about. The POSSIBILITY of it happening. The idea that it MIGHT have MP gets me mad.
---
#6MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2011 3:57:33 PM
Also, just cuz OTHER games were successful with their MP mode DOESN'T mean that every single game that comes out should have one, or you'll get no sales. That very idea is stupid to me! Ghost Recon Future Soldier might have a MP mode lol (sarcasm). They slap MP on anything nowadays.
---
#7Led_Zeppelin721Posted 7/8/2011 4:25:36 PM
I'm glad you posted this topic today, after Bioware said over 9000 times in the last year that ME3 will not have multiplayer.
---
"I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos-especially activity that seems to have no meaning"- Jim Morrison
#8MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2011 5:25:59 PM(edited)
It's hard to convey sarcasm online cuz there's no sarcastic text, but I was joking about that. I wouldn't know anyway, cuz I purposely avoid anything related to Mass Effect 3, Bioshock Infinite, & GoW3. I'm too excited for those games, & I avoid anything on them so I don't make my wait any more excruciating. I'm basically saying that I have very little patience. I was also joking about the Future Soldier thing having MP. I thought that my sarcasm about those 2 games would be obvious. Without reading anything, I already knew that Mass Effect wouldn't have MP. That would make no sense at all. Exactly why I brought it up. To make my point that they put MP in ANY game now.
---
#9Led_Zeppelin721Posted 7/8/2011 5:52:13 PM
I agree. Kind of annoying. I like the multiplayer in Bioshock 2, but there wasn't anything special about it. I have a problem with Capture hte Sister because there are so few points scored, I wish it was easier.
---
"I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos-especially activity that seems to have no meaning"- Jim Morrison
#10bluehat94Posted 7/8/2011 8:50:28 PM
if you dont like it dont play it no ones forcing you, if there is MP it will be awesome because ken levine is a genius
---
"Well i actually performed the experiment dozens of times. The bad news is reality doesnt exist. The good news is we have a new cat graveyard" -GLaDOS