2 Weapons?

#21bluehat94Posted 2/14/2013 12:35:07 PM
Famine_10f4 posted...
I wonder if the 1999 mode will change any of that. Either way this game is going to play differently from previous Bio games, we can already see that, and I'm sure the developers put alot of effort into the gameplay. My hopes are high, I'm sadden at the idea being that so many games do this sort of thing but either way I think it will be good.

It wont really play that differently, it's still a FPS, you still have the ability to wield guns and powers, you can still upgrade your weapons, etc. the only real changes to gameplay are Elizabeth, skylines, and the abilty to set and combine vigor traps.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#22Doubleglock18Posted 2/14/2013 1:32:27 PM
i think you are supposed to cycle through weapons more than before, kinda like a pick-up and throwaway deal. idk i don't really mind. i was always using the same 2 or 3 weapons in the first Bioshock anyway.
---
Colt 45 and two zig-zags, Baby that's all we need
We can go to the park, after dark, smoke that tumbleweed!
#23MaxFahrenheitPosted 2/14/2013 2:01:18 PM
Doubleglock18 posted...
i think you are supposed to cycle through weapons more than before, kinda like a pick-up and throwaway deal. idk i don't really mind. i was always using the same 2 or 3 weapons in the first Bioshock anyway.

to my knowledge, that could be one of the purposes about the pick up/throw away system. you'll have the guns you love and are great at using.... but they may not always be around so i think we'll have to become a jack of all trades and we'll all get stuck outside our comfort zones at some point when the guns available do not fit a situation very well. another article posted with an interview of an Irrational employee said that's what he likes. he specifically mentioned facing a narrow space guarded by snipers. if you have a sniper yourself, that would be your ideal weapon at the time.... but if not he said the player will need to be clever and creative to reach the goal
---
www.ocwrestling.net
#24Famine_10f4Posted 2/14/2013 10:36:37 PM
bluehat94 posted...
Famine_10f4 posted...
I wonder if the 1999 mode will change any of that. Either way this game is going to play differently from previous Bio games, we can already see that, and I'm sure the developers put alot of effort into the gameplay. My hopes are high, I'm sadden at the idea being that so many games do this sort of thing but either way I think it will be good.

It wont really play that differently, it's still a FPS, you still have the ability to wield guns and powers, you can still upgrade your weapons, etc. the only real changes to gameplay are Elizabeth, skylines, and the abilty to set and combine vigor traps.

So is it just another hard mode?
---
In an insane world, a sane man must appear insane.
#25bluehat94Posted 2/15/2013 7:11:25 AM
Famine_10f4 posted...
bluehat94 posted...
Famine_10f4 posted...

So is it just another hard mode?

No idea, the way they described it, it sounds like 1999 is something more than that, i'm thinking things like different AI behavior and only a certain amount of inventory space.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#26vega2505Posted 2/16/2013 5:38:42 PM
jannedaarc1 posted...
I'm ambivalent. I thought having every gun available to you in Bioshock 1/2 made the games too easy. Plus, about 1/3 of the way through both games you could basically run around packed to the gills with ammo for each gun. Just too easy. Fun though - oh yes, quite fun.

Two guns is a little extreme but it does force some planning. In Halo I remember when I would find a gun that I really loved (rocket launcher, sniper, etc) that I woudl want to carry it with me and save it for times when it was really useful and that made it so I'd have to rely on one gun for all the encounters in between. I'm not saying this is good or bad but just another way to play.

I just hope the shotgun in this game is as fun as those in B1 and 2. I also really loved the crossbow/harpoon gun.

I do the opposite in games like that...I find a gun, immediately use it up then dump it for the next gun laying around.

The problem I have with games like that is that they purposefully design areas around certain weapons, so you have less freedom to tackle each situation as you see fit...found an enemy that a certain weapon would have worked well on? Well then maybe you should have kept that weapon with you from 2 levels ago...yeah, not a fan of that.
---
I used to be a Street Fighter like you...then I took a Spiral Arrow to the knee.
#27TwilightEchoesPosted 2/17/2013 9:50:26 AM(edited)
Doubleglock18 posted...

So basically you swap weapons like most shooters?

Then how does upgrading weapons make any sense? Do the upgrades magically appear on every subsequent shotgun I pick up?
---
[Insert an "[Insert witty saying or joke]" sig here]
#28BoomonPosted 2/18/2013 9:42:57 AM
TwilightEchoes posted...
Doubleglock18 posted...

So basically you swap weapons like most shooters?

Then how does upgrading weapons make any sense? Do the upgrades magically appear on every subsequent shotgun I pick up?

Sounds like it to me...although IDK for sure until I get to sit down & play the game.

All I expect of the game is a high quality experience....I like what I see so far, and will be getting Infinite for sure....I'll deal with the system by getting used to it through playing....details like how many weapons I can carry @ a time & such don't matter as much to me as the overall experience.
---
Official Sly Cooper of PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale Board
PSN: Boomon0
#29StopthinkPosted 2/18/2013 10:15:05 AM
I'm guessing you can just reupgrade weapons if you throw them away at certain stations or something. That or Elizabeth just magically puts the upgrades on your weapons as you pick them up.
---
imo for the tight asses
#30MaxFahrenheitPosted 2/18/2013 10:36:34 AM
Stopthink posted...
I'm guessing you can just reupgrade weapons if you throw them away at certain stations or something. That or Elizabeth just magically puts the upgrades on your weapons as you pick them up.

elizabeth containing your upgrades through tears (the only way i can imagine she could keep them for you) sounds like a way to explain a loophole for a forced mechanic because a tear would have to be on every gun in columbia. it's still definitely worth consideration how elizabeth could be responsible. my thoughts are that the upgrades can simply be how booker handles the weapons. he can aim better, weapons do more damage... and so forth. the problem with my theory is that it takes away from the very visually appealing aesthetics that go with upgrading weapons. that visual look to the weapon is always very satisfying and i cannot see Irrational giving that up because they are smart enough to know how that look impacts the player.

i have no idea.... i'm just sure it's going to be clever and can't wait to find out on launch day!!
---
www.ocwrestling.net